Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard of this place Titan Motor Works..... their webpage is crap, I cant get any info from it. Anybody done any dyno runs there?? Anybody know where its at in Nashville, IL?? I've read some good reviews on other fourms. I work in Nashville so that would be great for me.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just got my wheeler back from the Dyno tune. Joe was a nice guy and got me an extra 2.4hp and 1.7ft/lbs over my tune. It ony made 38.74hp and 37.22ft/lbs though, I thoght it would do better.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
It ony made 38.74hp and 37.22ft/lbs though, I thoght it would do better.
i think thats bellow stock numbers. did u run it on tires with lots of tread?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im dont know if he used slicks or not..... It was a dynojet dyno... It looked like a big one, like the kind used for cars. It had a air/fuel monitor on it. I have a motoworks slipon, modquad air filter kit with a K/N filter, and a stage 2 hotcam

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
What controller do you have? I would say he didn't use slicks for 2 reasons your numbers are low and almost no tuners have the right offset for the XX. A lot of guys told me you lose about 4hp not using slicks. I think you would gain 4-5hp if you got a good full system exhaust.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the tune is good..... I'm just not too sure about the numbers. It would have been nice to see my bone stock numbers on THAT dyno so I could see the gains from the mods. I don't think I lost HP doing the mods unless my seat of the pants dyno is really out of wack. He said the 450 race bikes he does only make around 24 ft/lbs of torque ...... That sounds low to me too. THAT dyno is still a great tuning tool even if it reads low/high or whatever (assuming its consistent).

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
yeah, sounds like it just reads really low.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I think the tune is good..... I'm just not too sure about the numbers. It would have been nice to see my bone stock numbers on THAT dyno so I could see the gains from the mods. I don't think I lost HP doing the mods unless my seat of the pants dyno is really out of wack. He said the 450 race bikes he does only make around 24 ft/lbs of torque ...... That sounds low to me too. THAT dyno is still a great tuning tool even if it reads low/high or whatever (assuming its consistent).
Yeah don't stress about the numbers too much, the dyno is just another tool to help tune and see what parts work best. To many differences in dynos, tires, temps, altitude to compare.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts