Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a thread for us newbies when it comes to installing new exhaust. I just ran my new 2 bros exhaust for about 10 minutes in the garage and loaded it up to hit the trails. This was the first exhaust that i have ever installed, and after turning it off I noticed that there was some smoke coming out of the exhaust for a few minutes. I was a bit paranoid by this since I have never put new exhaust on, so knowing how good help is so easy to find on this site I jumped on here and PM'ed Gary as well as checked other forums to find out if this is typical of new exhaust or something to look into further. It turns out that there are chemicals that burn off inside the exhaust when it is first run, and is nothing to worry about. Okay, time to go see what this baby can do now that it can breath! :yay:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Kinda wierd to see when you first put them on. And they stink a little too when they are new. Its just oil from the manufacturing process and it burns off pretty quickly. I did the same thing when i put my K&N filter in my truck. I didnt run it till the next day and the excess oil ran into the intake.......smoke city from the exhaust..LOL

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It sure was strange, and definitely worried me at first. So, my first ride with the new exhaust went great! I found myself actually having to get used to the quad again because the trails that I was riding were very tight and had lots of sharp turns and I found myself leaving the corners with my front end popping up, so I would have to hit the back brake to bring it back down for the next corner. I must say that the increase in power is amazing. I used the stock juice box settings and it did seem that I was a little rich at times, but the settings were pretty much right on. Oh, and I can't forget about the sound. Very nice deep sound and loud but not obnoxiously ear throbbing loud. Conclusion: Big 3 RULES!:yay:

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
It sure was strange, and definitely worried me at first. So, my first ride with the new exhaust went great! I found myself actually having to get used to the quad again because the trails that I was riding were very tight and had lots of sharp turns and I found myself leaving the corners with my front end popping up, so I would have to hit the back brake to bring it back down for the next corner. I must say that the increase in power is amazing. I used the stock juice box settings and it did seem that I was a little rich at times, but the settings were pretty much right on. Oh, and I can't forget about the sound. Very nice deep sound and loud but not obnoxiously ear throbbing loud. Conclusion: Big 3 RULES!:yay:
x2, The big 3 really made a huge difference

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Kinda wierd to see when you first put them on. And they stink a little too when they are new. Its just oil from the manufacturing process and it burns off pretty quickly. I did the same thing when i put my K&N filter in my truck. I didnt run it till the next day and the excess oil ran into the intake.......smoke city from the exhaust..LOL

I did something like that when I oiled my UNI prior to a ride.

I ran it for a about a minute, then shut it off and checked the plug. I about shit when I saw the plug covered in oil. It took me forever to figure out that it was filter oil and not engine oil...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.