Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

New Forums

6K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  smo0oth1 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I upgraded the forums to vBulletin which should be a lot easier to use and better looking. I don't know about you but I really didn't like the other brand that we were using.

Hope everyone enjoys the site more now!

Thanks!

#4 ·
Looks good, Vbulletin is a good program... I use it on a couple of forums I admin on.

#18 ·
Not too try and bump heads with you but I seen it as you took offense also. Sometimes keyboards don't express our thoughts as we like, The little smiley faces say it better :birds: (j/k)

#17 ·
Love the site guys.......better than others.........

Can I suggest you have a look at expanding the Tech part of your forum. At the moment it's basicly "engine" or "chassis/suspension" although they have other things in the title. I think it would be great to have another tech forum subject......"electrical, controls, wheels and tires".

It's just that "engine" or "chassis/suspension" is such a big subject that they need a section of their own but at the moment we have electrical, controls, wheels and tires in their as well. This info is really good stuff but does kind of get lost and it really is a big enough subject to get its own forum........

Keep up the good work and thanks.

#19 ·
I'm not trying to bump heads with anyone either. Scuzz's response by posting the screen capture was in poor taste, especially from a moderator. My original post pointed out that I was having a problem. Scuzz assumed I had no idea how to operate a forum and wanted to be helpful, and to use his own words, "have a little fun with it." As a mod you should attempt to hold yourself to a higher standard and though with some users an obvious reply gets the point across, with others it may be taken wrong. A moderator should not at any time talk down to the forum users and that is how I took his response. It was not offensive as much as I guess I expected more of a "I'll look into it" sort of reply. I mod another forum with just over 1400 users, and about 11000 open topics. A similar response from me on our community site would have my mod duties removed by admin. I understand the whole having to have a thick skin and shrug off the people that are unable to convey a thought without being a smart ass, I guess I don't expect to have that sort of conveyance from a mod. I'm not trying to bash Scuzz either, I also understand the whole mod process takes a while to get used to. I would like to see this forum do well and I hope that it wasn't started just so a certain clique of users from the other forum could get together and have their own private little "club" so to speak. So you now know where my response came from and inserting smilies would not have helped make my point any clearer. I can shrug this off and move on, if you choose to stoke the fire then I wish you well.

#21 ·
You're really blowing this way out of proportion. You asked about a problem you had, and scuzz replied. In his eyes, that was the way to fix it. It wasn't meant as a joke or an insult in any way. He took the time to screenshot and show what HE does to mark the forums read. End of story.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this forum being started by a certain 'clique' of users from another forum. As far as I know, this forum was started before the other one was, and I personally have never been a member of the other one.

Now with all that said, I made some adjustments...see if it works better for you now. :tup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.