Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Where do you ride in Dayton/Ohio? I lived in Columbus, OH for 18 years then moved to Dayton for 6 years to go to Wright State. I recently moved to the west coast when I landed a job with the USAF.

I did all my riding in south east Ohio, Perry County and a old farm my grandparents own in Morgan County. That's one downfall with Ohio is lack of place to go off-road legally. Couldn't find anywhere in the Dayton area, other than Haspine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I live in Columbus, and usally drive like 200 miles to family in W. Va. where I can ride from there house almost anywhere, just thousands of miles of trails, to explore. And my uncles and cousin know there way around pretty good. On the other hand theres a place in Neslonville, Oh part of Wayne National forest. I'm going to check out this year. only 60 miles s.east of Columbus. I rode a few times private land Xenia, Oh near Dayton. guy charges $15.00 its nice but low budget , compared to the mountains in W. Va. All in all your right not many place to ride legal in Columbus. they used to ride in south end at obetz. and great southern shoping center, but the law will get you there if not carefull.
I actually been to the place between Obetz and Groveport a few times before they came real anal about people being back there. That was back in the 90's though, I think I was like 10 or 12 years old when my Dad use to take us there. We lived in Obetz so it was actually nice have a place right down the street to ride.
I've always wanted to go to Wayne, we would drive right by there every other weekend to go to our old farm down in that direction. We never had state stickers on our quads so we never went, but this last spring we got state stickers then I ended up getting a job in California so my brother and I never got to go. Perry County has a decent place to ride (and it's free) but the trails can get rough. That's a main reason why I got the 700xx, my 300ex was always getting hung up on the ruts. Went from 3" of ground clearance to 10" lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts