Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 08 700xx in July. still new to the IRS but getting used to it. Having a hard time finding rear tires. Everything is still OEM, any suggestions would be great. I see alot of people changing wheels to get more variety of tires. Is this the better route?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
302honda,
Welcome to the forum. I can't recommend on tires because I choose to stay with the OEM. That doesn't mean that you should do the same. There are many who have changed to aftermarket rims and different tires with great success.
Good luck with your search and enjoy the XX.
Sid

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
302honda,
Yes I do. I am pleased with their performance. I ride mostly in the Mojave Desert (Central California). Lots of sand, rocks, and steep hills with ancient Lava, Granite and Quartz outcroppings. Nasty on tires. The Dunlops are hanging in there. Porbably be able to get several hundred hours before replacing them. Not that they will be worn out but those rocks are sharp and I really don't want to have to stuff the holes with plugs in the event of bad punctures. Just my opinion.
Sid

·
Registered
821 Posts
I go to finger lakes sometimes, I know where Ashland is. Go to fulton too. For the stuff around here the dunlops suck. I got the kenda kutters on the rear, very good tire and cheaper than the oems.

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Just bought an 08 700xx in July. still new to the IRS but getting used to it. Having a hard time finding rear tires. Everything is still OEM, any suggestions would be great. I see alot of people changing wheels to get more variety of tires. Is this the better route?
Welcome to the club, and great pick on the Trx700xx. I didnt get much wear out of the stock tires. I herd they dont like blacktop, and I tend to ride on the road at times. So like a year later I went with the factory size Kenda Kutters on the rear. And picked up a set of slightly used Razr2's for the front. The fronts are 22" instead of the oem 21's. Heres a picture of what Im using on my 700, seams to work well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
iv rode at finger lakes a couple times, i got some land at my house an built a track an some trails around here with some buddies. i do like the razrs and the kutters that what most of the guys have around here. does anyone make a 21x9x11's im a pretty small guy i was trying to get it a little lower, less body roll? diggin the six pack rack!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Look into the l8ton swaybars, I'm gonna get the 9/16 bar. Also, getting away from the oem rear tires helps a lot to. The factory tires flex alot in the sidewall, the kutters don't. It slides easier with the kutters. You could loosen premise on rear might get a little more drop, but this will increase the roll slightly. Could also cut the rear shock down some, someone on here has done it.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
302honda,
Yes I do. I am pleased with their performance. I ride mostly in the Mojave Desert (Central California). Lots of sand, rocks, and steep hills with ancient Lava, Granite and Quartz outcroppings. Nasty on tires. The Dunlops are hanging in there. Porbably be able to get several hundred hours before replacing them. Not that they will be worn out but those rocks are sharp and I really don't want to have to stuff the holes with plugs in the event of bad punctures. Just my opinion.
Sid
i have 300hrs on my stock tires and they are about used up, moreso the rears im gonna upgrade to kutters they are cheaper than maxxis and just as good in my opinion:xx:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where are you from Traitor? all the quad supension is new to me, i race dirt cars so i know a little. i dont know what primise are on the rear. where do you all get tires? at the dealers or the web somewhere.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Rocky Mountain is a great web site for tire!! I went With the Maxxis and they work well!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I live in Bowling Green, bout 1 1/2 hrs from como. Got some friends that live in como and armstrong. We are planning on going to fingerlakes or potowatomi in the next couple weekends. You can see what the kutters do. Where do you race dirt track and what do you race. My uncle and cousins race every weekend.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i race at fulton and the lake of the ozarks mainly i have a camaro sportsman white an orange 88 car. my dad used to run the 14 street stock in moberly, thats a little closer to you. im goin to order the kutters an see how they are. thanks for the help!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts