Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my whole family quads after being tired of seeing my son stuck in front of the PS3 all weekend. I bought my son and daughter each used TRX90's and my Fiance an 06 TRX 400EX, and I got myself an 08 700XX.

After riding the 400 a few weeks the 700xx is def. different to ride. We ride mostly wooded trails, so I already ordered the 13T sprocket, and am about to order the L8ton bar. I'm 6'3" 270#'s, so I guess I'm gonna try the 11/16" one.

Hopefully we get to make some weekend trips to Buscoe in NC, and Hatfield in WV within the next year, as we have limited areas to ride around the house.

Thanks for having such an informative forum on a relatively limited production quad.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
welcome dam what a change you dropped some $$$$ to buy all them but youll enjoy them with your family is what counts !:xx:

·
Registered
192 Posts
You should have a lot of fun with the family now.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
welcome dam what a change you dropped some $$$$ to buy all them but youll enjoy them with your family is what counts !:xx:
Thanks. Used quads are surprisingly cheap nowadays. I actually have less than $8k in all of them. Thats less than buying just one new one. haha Having only 2 days off since Hurricane Irene came through helped also.

You should have a lot of fun with the family now.
We already have been having a blast. If I ever trailer them back home on one of our visits, I'll give you a shout, as I am from Linesville PA originally, on Pymatuning Lake. We make it home at least a few times a year.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i used to own an 06 400 ex before the 700xx and also had 07 trx 90 for my daughter and she outgrowed it, both good quads though.:xx:

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
exhausted,
Welcome to the forum. Glad you saw the need to have family fun together. Those PS3s have their place but the quad riding is definitely better for the family. I'm sure everyone is equipped with the safety essentials. Any questions on any of the machines be sure to ask. There are many people on this forum that will be glad to help or suggest places to look.
Sid

·
Registered
821 Posts
Those little 90's can be upgraded so much. They're sure to bring years of enjoyment.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i used to own an 06 400 ex before the 700xx and also had 07 trx 90 for my daughter and she outgrowed it, both good quads though.:xx:
Ya, we are loving them so far. I got really lucky with scoring some really nice quads. Other than a couple of them sat before I bought them, so the carbs were pretty gunked up from the ethanol fuel going bad in them, other than that we have had no issues.

exhausted,
Welcome to the forum. Glad you saw the need to have family fun together. Those PS3s have their place but the quad riding is definitely better for the family. I'm sure everyone is equipped with the safety essentials. Any questions on any of the machines be sure to ask. There are many people on this forum that will be glad to help or suggest places to look.
Sid
Yes, we def. have all the proper safety gear. I'm really surprised at how much my fiance has even taken to it. She is pretty good for only starting to ride a month ago.
Those little 90's can be upgraded so much. They're sure to bring years of enjoyment.
Ya, I'm pretty surprised at how fast they go once they satrt rolling. My sons throttle is turned down pretty good, and he is begging me to open it up some, but I think he is a little too confident so far. Unfortunately I think he's gonna have to get a couple bumps and bruises before he realizes these aren't just toys.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Welcome to the club! You got all Honda's so you should have lots of trouble free fun. Also there are a few cobra guys on here. Enjoy

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
those look like some pretty rough and technical trails,thats the kind i enjoy,are they public trails or private land?:xx:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
those look like some pretty rough and technical trails,thats the kind i enjoy,are they public trails or private land?:xx:
These are on land that my neighbors family owns about 5 miles from our house. Its about 50 acres of wooded trails with lots of nice little hills, jumps and tight technical trails. I love it. My neighbor has a built 400ex and he can ride his ass off. He makes me feel very out of shape! haha

Here is a vid of him on that same little jump on his quad. My fiance didn't get any video of me jumping on the 700 of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkLiE-zAJdI

·
Registered
133 Posts
That was a nice jump amd welcome to the club!!!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
sweet that 400 ex sounds like hes got it tuned in pretty good!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome to the site! Its really awesome you did this as a family! I am sure it will bring many years of happiness :)
Thanks, so far they are loving it.
sweet that 400 ex sounds like hes got it tuned in pretty good!
Ya, it runs pretty good, and he knows how to get the most out of it, thats for sure.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I wish more people would think like you and get there family outdoors instead of in front of those blasted video games. I personally think they are ruining the younger generation. And also props to you for buying all Hondas, you will be glad you did when you are riding instead of trying to get ready to ride.
Happy trails
Mike

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wish more people would think like you and get there family outdoors instead of in front of those blasted video games. I personally think they are ruining the younger generation. And also props to you for buying all Hondas, you will be glad you did when you are riding instead of trying to get ready to ride.
Happy trails
Mike
Thanks, I know I would have killed to have my parents do what I did when I was a kid! haha Of course, I grew up in NW PA and had nothing to do either.

I ride with mostly raptors and a couple weeks ago, 2 of the 3 Raptors broke in the same day. haha

·
Registered
505 Posts
I ride with mostly raptors and a couple weeks ago, 2 of the 3 Raptors broke in the same day. haha

So when are we going ridding....I assure you mine wont break...I do my maint.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So when are we going ridding....I assure you mine wont break...I do my maint.
Haha, Whenever. I don't really know of too many places to ride in Hampton roads since we just started. Where do you ride?

I wouldn't ever say mine wouldn't break, That is just asking for trouble. haha One had a carb that was flooding because of lack of maintenance, but the other one snapped a rear shock, I don't know how routine maintenance would have kept that from breaking. Besides, I was in no way bashing Yamaha, and I am no Honda fan boy, I just happened across a lot of good deals on Hondas, and and have always had good luck with them. But when the friends you ride with all break on the same day, you have to give them some sh!t.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts