Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an AC Racing full exhaust, EHS lid and programmer from a member (allnew2me) here. Installed all this yesterday as well as upgraded to 13 tooth sprockets on both my 700's.

Let me tell you, this AC exhaust is fawkin' loud!!! You can hear me coming miles away. Combined with the EHS programmer and lid.....my 700 has some serious ummppphh!!

Upgrading to the 13 tooth sprocket makes a huge difference. It's a low cost mod, easy to do and I highly recommend it. Unfortunately you loose some top-end. But if I want to go any faster on wheels, I'll drive my truck.

Here's a few pics.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Mine doesnt look like that either.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noticed that too. Looks way different. But it works purdy darn good.

Shonie

·
Registered
370 Posts
are both those 700s yours? or maybe ones for a wife?

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are both those 700s yours? or maybe ones for a wife?

Yes, both are mine. I bought them brand new in the crates about 2 years ago from Scottsdale Honda for a smoking price. I figured for such a good price...why not get two?:hey:

It's really no fun riding by yourself.

Shonie

·
Registered
370 Posts
so is the 700 with full pipe alot faster?

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so is the 700 with full pipe alot faster?
Yep, a heck of a lot more power. The pipe makes a huge difference. It also has the EHS lid and programmer too. As well as a 13 tooth sprocket.

The other 700 has just the stock lid and stock pipe and has the Lexx slip on, Lexx programmer and 13 tooth sprocket.

·
Registered
370 Posts
thats awsome you should do a pipe sound comparison video one day!

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
370 Posts
ok sounds good :)

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
HMM EHS must have changed the lid design? Mine didn't look like that.
Mine doesnt look like that either.
I noticed that too. Looks way different. But it works purdy darn good.

Shonie
I just received one of theses from EHS and mine look's just like the ones on the web site. Shonie does your have the front air duct blocked, and does it have all the fancy engraving that say EHS Racing? I certainly hope it wasn't the same price as the one listed on web site. And I enlarged your photo, the OEM lid looks pretty rough. Mine was new and spotless. Not a good picture but can see its other style like on web site.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just received one of theses from EHS and mine look's just like the ones on the web site. Shonie does your have the front air duct blocked, and does it have all the fancy engraving that say EHS Racing? I certainly hope it wasn't the same price as the one listed on web site. And I enlarged your photo, the OEM lid looks pretty rough. Mine was new and spotless. Not a good picture but can see its other style like on web site.

I bought mine used from a member here. He's said it's an EHS lid. The front inlet is not covered and the entire lid looks to be a stock lid with the exception of the top square cutout mod. I believe I read on the EHS website that the front inlet cover is an option?

I suppose I could contact EHS and find out if it is an EHS or not. But all in all, it works great and I have no complaints with it.

Shonie

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I bought mine used from a member here. He's said it's an EHS lid. The front inlet is not covered and the entire lid looks to be a stock lid with the exception of the top square cutout mod. I believe I read on the EHS website that the front inlet cover is an option?

I suppose I could contact EHS and find out if it is an EHS or not. But all in all, it works great and I have no complaints with it.

Shonie

I would say it's not EHS, unless it was like a early prototype lid. Either way I'm sure it does the job. And I thought just the side vents were optional. The front inlet being cover'd stops tons of dirt, and didn't allow much more air in. And I believe Eric said the cost to cover the front like the top, would be quit pricey!

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would say it's not EHS, unless it was like a early prototype lid. Either way I'm sure it does the job. And I thought just the side vents were optional. The front inlet being cover'd stops tons of dirt, and didn't allow much more air in. And I believe Eric said the cost to cover the front like the top, would be quit pricey!

Well I sent EHS an email to find out if it is or not. So I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Shonie

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
that lid was something somebody made up from a recyled lid from another style quad its techinically my lid but it was made for a kfx700. i think it has been through afew members i have had a few phone calls on it in the last couple months :) it will work for what your doing if the front is left open if its closed off it would benefit from the regular plate we use that plate isnt quite big enough

1 - 17 of 17 Posts