Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 2008 today from a friend. It has about 30 hours on it. The thing is a beast, my only question is about the tires that were put on. It has 25 in tires put on the back for top end speed. Should I change them out? I really don't like the look and would prefer maxxis razr II 23 front and 22 rear.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Welcome to the club! And sounds like a great choice in tires, you have in mind. What other mods did he do to the quad if any? I'd like to see picture of it with those 25's on before you swap them out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome! No other mods. He didn't have enough riding time to do much. I'll get some pics tomorrow. It just looks weird with huge back tires and small stock fronts. The tires do grip awesome though!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! No other mods. He didn't have enough riding time to do much. I'll get some pics tomorrow. It just looks weird with huge back tires and small stock fronts. The tires do grip awesome though!
Picture of your quad looks sweet. Just wondering how it pulls with stock front sprocket and those big ass rear tires? I know my factory setup wouldn't hold its own idle, until I went with a 13th front sprocket. Get the manual if you haven't already.

http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showpost.php?p=102247&postcount=48

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picture of your quad looks sweet. Just wondering how it pulls with stock front sprocket and those big ass rear tires? I know my factory setup wouldn't hold its own idle, until I went with a 13th front sprocket. Get the manual if you haven't already.

http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showpost.php?p=102247&postcount=48

It still pulls pretty hard. It doesn't like idling around though. Thanks for the manual download. We don't know what happened to the original one.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
You know that was a service manual not the owners manual.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts