Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this unit up. Around 6 hours on it, and in good shape! I do alot of trial riding, and needed the IRS and FI for the extreme(5500-12500ft) altitude changes. Of course the tons of power! Hope to do some research on here and have some fun.

Mav

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Looks Sweet, and only 6 hours! Wow may I ask what you paid for it? And do you know if it still has the break in oil in it? Book says change after 20 hours. So if your not sure I'd change it to be safe! Theres a great review here for changing it yourself, as well as a full service manual. These guys are full of great info!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guy bought it off the showroom floor 3 months ago. Rode it once in Oregon then had to move here. Road it once here before the snow, and then had to put it in storage for two months as he sold his truck and couldn't take it anywhere. He was asking $6k, and I picked it up for $4750. It does still have the break in oil in it. I will be ordering a new filter and oil asap! Any link to the oil changing review? Thanks,

Maverick

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
MadMav,
Look under Instructional Section "How-To's" 2008/09 700xx Oil Change 7th item down for a great run-down on the do's and don'ts of an oil change. Be especially careful of not over tightening the long bolt in the oil filter housing. Additionally the NO# 8 item is a manual you might be interested in.:xx:
Good luck,
Sid

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey mad, what part of CO do you live in? I grew up in centennial and still have a lot of family out there.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MadMav,
Look under Instructional Section "How-To's" 2008/09 700xx Oil Change 7th item down for a great run-down on the do's and don'ts of an oil change. Be especially careful of not over tightening the long bolt in the oil filter housing. Additionally the NO# 8 item is a manual you might be interested in.:xx:
Good luck,
Sid
Thanks man!

Mav

·
Registered
446 Posts
sweet, my best friend lives up by the hospital off powers. next time I come out with my bike we may have to go ride.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just picked this unit up. Around 6 hours on it, and in good shape! I do alot of trial riding, and needed the IRS and FI for the extreme(5500-12500ft) altitude changes. Of course the tons of power! Hope to do some research on here and have some fun.

Mav
Looks awesome defiantly the best color combo:hey: welcome to the club, be sure to download the service manual on here it will save you a little change !
http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2195

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.