Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i dont actually own a 700XX yet lol but i am a hopeful. Right now im trying to sell my V force(kfx 700) to get one. I think the 700XX will solve my major gripes about my kfx in that a 700XX is easier on gas and should be more comfortable than my V without sacrificing power. I would entertain any offers for trades. http://knoxville.craigslist.org/wan/3161131708.html

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome! I became a member before I had mine also. I knew I was gonna get one. Just took a couple weeks to find a deal nearby. I love mine! I sold a built '09 Raptor 727 to make the switch.

Wonder which is heavier, the XX or the KFX?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats probally a good question mine has extra weight on the front so mine weighs a little more than the average kfx but from what ive read the kfx is quite a bit heavier.

·
Registered
407 Posts
you wont be disappointed in the xx man i love mine

·
Registered
192 Posts
Depends on what kind of a quad you are coming from, on how heavy it will feel to you. The same goes for the handling. I came from a Z400, so the XX was definitely heavier, but motor was way more powerful. The Z was also more nimble. I also have a Rincon utility, so I was use to how IRS handles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Coming from a kfx 700 it will probally have a lighter feel than a kfx. I do want to ride one sometime lol and make sure its what i want but iam 99% positive its the quad for me. I rode a kodiak for about 6 years so Irs is not a new thing to me and looks like honda did its home work on the Irs and chain setup to make it not a weak point in the design. I also like the idea of 10 inches of ground clearance.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Welcome. The KFX is heavier and does not have the power of the XX.

roadkill

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had a 400ex before my 700xx and it is a bit heavier but it is alot more comfortable and has way more power and with some mods it will handle almost as well as the 400ex in tight terrain.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome to the club glad you could join. I am very happy with my TRX and it handles all the mountain trails and sand I can throw at it. It's a beast in water and just won't quit. I am sure you will be supprised when you take your first ride too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I may have gotten an offer to trade lol so i may be getting one Saturday so is there anything specific i need to look at when i go to look at it like something that wears out. What do yall like the best about the 700XX?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Check with Mquick he helped me with a few items that I will look at when I get back. If you can get a chance to have it looked over by a qualified ATV or bike mechanic then do it. Tell the seller that's part of the deal and if they don't want to go for it then no deal. Remember buying used is buying abused too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
True lol but I will be trading my kfx and maybe a trailer on it so I'm not exactly buying I kinda trust it since its a honda. I have an idea of what to loook for I was just wondering if there was anything specific

·
Registered
407 Posts
man i check oil and ride everything used befor i buy it. i look for wear on how clean the motor is if its fairly clean and the oil is right 9 times out of 10 its been taken care of just look for the norm oil coolent tires. other then that id ask to ride it and check out the tranny. if you get you one i have a hmf slipon ill sell you cheep

1 - 13 of 13 Posts