Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, let the bashing begin!
No I don't own a 700xx but a great bunch of friends I ride with are on here and invited me on.

I bought my first quad ever last May and its a 07 Yamaha Wolverine 450 and my 7 year old daughter has been riding a 05 Polaris Predator 50cc since she was 5. Yeah, I bought her a quad first!

I do really like the Wolvy especially when riding with my daughter and I don't have to worry about shifting and I can focus on her riding technique and safety. However, after riding with my friends I really like the 700xx but I would have to get a pretty penny for the Wolvy in order to move up.

Anyways, we ride at White Haven and I'll be getting my RAC permit in April. I also hope to make it out to SSRT two or three times for a nice weekend.

Dan

·
Registered
984 Posts
Welcome to the site! No bashing here, most members have had many different machines themselves or still do. You're not the first non XX owner member here, their valued members as well. Enjoy the site.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
welcome to the club, you outta go ahead and get you a 700xx,the 2008s are cheap if you ca find one .

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Dan

Welcome to the club! Noticed that you mentioned White Haven, have we rode together with DaGirl? if not, usually we ride on Sunday and we also have our 2010 RAC permits which we usually park at WM in St-Clair.

Even if you don't have the 700XX, you're always welcome to join us.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nash..Joe right?
Yeah we have rode together a couple of times. I met you at the gas station the first time when I went the wrong way the first time than started going into the other station and zig zagged acroos traffic trying to kill myself. I have the blue Wolverine 450, I was dumb enough to try and climb BIG BEN and got stuck 3/4 of the way up.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
LOL! How true, now I do remember. Sorry old age! When you mentioned your daughter riding, it threw me off.
DaGirl> what are u doing up so early, didn't you go out last night and had some fun :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And why aren't you working today?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey Dan welcome I`m here too Dagirl convivced me to come. Everyone is cool they don`t mind if you don`t have a 700xx. But being here makes you want one. Let me know when you get your permit we`ll setup a ride at RAC I`m hoping to get out there soon so I should have some trails on the GPS by the time you get out there.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Yes Joe I strolled in after 2... but had to go to the gym this morning...not good with stomach rot..oh that rum did me in..(getting old) so on ride over to gym changed my mind & went to breakfast instead...lazy ass that I am..

Dan don't wait to long I heard the lady say they run out of permits....and I took off today thinking I was going riding with an out of town guest...its 45 out!! well that didn't happen so now I will do my homework..:steamed:

Al without you we would be lost! You should post a picture of your pumpkin I think its so cool...simpleorange would like it!!

now we need to get Mike creature of habit over here!

Oh and Dan I am working really hard to sell that wolverine so you can get a deal on a 700xx

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am waiting for son's polaris 50 to be brought down from up state ny. How has the quad treated you and your daughter? Do you recommend?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yo Al, can't wait to ride RAC with you as well!
I need to find a GPS as well!

StepNex as far as the Predator goes its been a great machine and the only issue I have had is the starter is shot and the kick start can take me up to a 1/2 hour to get it to start and a 7 year old girl is not very patient much less any girl! I really need to get someone to take a look at it instead of just throwing parts at it. I highly recommend a trickle charger for the battery! The max speed is about 13-15 mph even with the throttle screw all the way out and the rev limiter jumped. However, here is a company http://www.hotseatperformance.com/psp/showprod.cfm?DID=29&CATID=248&ObjectGroup_ID=728 that makes speed kits for them.
I'm not going to put that kind of money into a 50cc especially since I have 2 kids younger than her that are going to get it handed down to and I'll need to move my 7 year old up to a 90cc in the next year or so. She has been riding it for 2 1/2 years and after the first year she was asking for me to make it go faster so that is another drawback but all in all its great to get a kid say between 4 and 8 started on a ATV.
I'm sure he'll enjoy it!

Here is my girl in our back yard a few months after she got it and riding at my brothers place.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks for the info. The guy who is selling it to me has a 50 and a 90. As much as I want to get the 90 for him, I know the 50 is the safer way to go.

great pic's. look foward to riding with my little one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts