Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Every body :)

Just purchase my 08 and already have it torn apart waiting for some parts to arrive, has anybody switch their thumb throttle to twist throttle, and if so did you need to basically remove the carb since you don't have access to the linkage panel. Have used the twist throttle on all my bikes and love it. Oh! by the way where are some good places to ride in Eastern PA. Know that it's not going to be the same as Utah but should be fun.

See you on the trails :yay:

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Congrats on the purchase

·
Registered
551 Posts
ur gonna love ur xx. lord knows i do. keep it pinned!!!!lol welcome!
u'll find this site to be the best, there seems to be alot of knowledgeable people on here. i really like it myself!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I put the dual model on mine, twist or thumb. To install it, you only have to remove the throttle assembly, disconnect the cable, mount the new one and reconnect the cable. I found it easier if, once you push the wire thru the new housing to pull on it and then clamp a small pair of hemostats on the inside so you have plenty of slack to reconnect it to the new assy. Mine came from Alba Action Sports, made by TerryCable, Dualgasser and thier part number is T10038-04. 134.99 plus shipping

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all of you:yay:

Heading towards Ziggy's camp site on Sunday, perhaps we could meet up.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I scare myself with twist throttles.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nah! with this bike you just need to be more sensitive or else you'll be looking at the sky!!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all of you :)
Vegas? Just was there a couple of weeks ago, wish I had the bike then but still had a jeep there it was fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts