Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Maier hood from Rocky Mountain. I am very disappointed. The fit was terrible, the quality was terrible, it is about half as solid as the original. The tabs are flimsy,the plastic is dull and does not even have as much of a shine as my stock plastics. Also if you look at the pics I have posted there is about a 1/4" gap on either side where it lines up with the tank plastics. The spot where it bolts to the tank does not even line up and the point by the headlight is off center. I f#$k3n Hate Maier for ever releasing this pos. And the price is outrageous.:mad::mad::steamed::steamed:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i have the same one and yes mine has a bad fitment too and was bent in half almost was a pain to put on and have to use there bolts on the top by tank. mine is all covered by my graphics so its not that noticable.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how much did you spend??? also what did you use to cut the grill with.
I got it through Rocky Mountain ATV and it was $71 $85 shipped. I used a dremel with a small cutting wheel to cut my grill. Mark off the lines with electrical tape and use sand paper and a blowtorch to make it look like a factory mold.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has anyone ever herd of getting plastics dyed? I thought I herd something about this before. It would be a great alternative.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can buy the Honda black one(i mean the black one not the gray one) but I think it comes with the graphics and its $170!!!

I bought the Maier one and mine did not fit as bad, I polished and waxed it and had it looking almost as shiny as the factory stuff. And then all the plastic got scratched up by normal wear and tear and you can't even tell the difference.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
try using the bolts that came with it it seem to make it fiit better.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hmm Interesting, I never got extra bolts.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
That sucks, Have you contacted them?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nope the factory bolts seem to work ok, the plastic gets so beat up and scratched its not worth getting really picky about it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can buy the Honda black one(i mean the black one not the gray one) but I think it comes with the graphics and its $170!!!

I bought the Maier one and mine did not fit as bad, I polished and waxed it and had it looking almost as shiny as the factory stuff. And then all the plastic got scratched up by normal wear and tear and you can't even tell the difference.
What did you use to polish??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts