Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The TRX700XX has been around for a while, and surely is due for an upgrade sooner or later. General racing developement has surely given Honda some ideas on how to improve an already great bike. So does any one have any info on when we can expect any thing new from Honda with regards to the 700XX?:xx:

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Whats the Retail on that thing?!! Sure is Nice!!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
i am impressed with what the 450's can do, but i do not want one. if they had reverse maybe, but that would defeat the purpose of being a race bike. Honda needs a big bore trail bike. I think the 700xx is unrivaled for my type of riding.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
i am impressed with what the 450's can do, but i do not want one. if they had reverse maybe, but that would defeat the purpose of being a race bike. Honda needs a big bore trail bike. I think the 700xx is unrivaled for my type of riding.
When I said something to one of the mechanics at dealer, "I wish they would bring back the 700". He said there was no call for them, they are to big, weigh to much. And a prep guy chimed in and said they had to much power and hard to control. I informed them of what http://www.matlockracing-honda.com/ Had been doing with the trx700xx for the last few years. And they got quite, thats when sales person steped in and tried to sell me the 450r. I wasnt shoping it just happend to be a stop for my job that day. And when I walked in I seen the new 450, and asked about it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
My son is getting into atving, if he starts taking it seriously in the next couple years it will be a 450r. He's learning on a 300ex right now.

·
Registered
291 Posts
All they need to do is put a stiffer swaybar, better tires, fully adjustalbe shocks, and different styling on the front and offer it for about the same price as a Raptor and they would sell a lot better.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
What they really need to do is put the xx engine in a 450r or similar sra bike with a nice shock package and then it would sell. Everyone is scared of the weight and the IRS. Put it in a sra chassis and they would sell a ton of bikes.

·
Registered
481 Posts
What they really need to do is put the xx engine in a 450r or similar sra bike with a nice shock package and then it would sell. Everyone is scared of the weight and the IRS. Put it in a sra chassis and they would sell a ton of bikes.
I tend to agree with that.. Look at what a 700cc did for yamaha..
As for change, the raptor has been the same for the past 9 years, other than different colours and letters each year to fool the naive so we have no hope with honda.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I think they need to keep an irs option. I don't care what motors on it. But it would have to be clutch, I don't want an auto, or an sra bike. Here's the deal, even if Honda had the xx engine on a sra bike, I would have bought the 700 raptor. The only reason I bought the xx was the ground clearance.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ground clearance is king, when you ride trails that big irs 4*4 dig up. I was looking at the raptors before the xx came along and am very glad I waited. I am not looking for anything new from honda. They just brought back the 450 for this year. There not known for fancy shocks just strong built reliable machines. I think our only hope is for them to bring the xx back in smaller numbers. When Matlock keeps wining the baja year after year the xx can not be ignored.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I would keep the 700xx the same but shave some weigh and get rid of the 11" rear rims.Overall it is not a bad package , at least the gearbox didn't blow up like with the early 660 Raptors. It just needs refining.
If Honda wants to build a big bore sra , just shove the XR650r motor into the 450r chassis. It's been done many times and the aftermarket parts for the motor and chassis are already there and as for weights ,you can add 30-70 lbs , just to make it track worthy. I use to race a 450r and the only thing ,I am faster on the 450r compared the 700xx is motocross. Me working on something to correct this. :D

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I guarantee you that honda will not be bringing back the xx anytime soon. I think the only reason it went into production in the first place was so that it could be used in races like the baja for instance. But it would be nice if Honda would come out with a big bore bike that was around the 400 to 450 lb. weight class.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I bought two well taken care of used 700XX's. One for me and one for my wife. She weighs 51KG's and handles it like a dream. Anyone who says they are to big and heavy will be at a loss for words when he sees a very petit women handle it like its a 250. Once the wheels are in motion the weight is no issue. The IRS make all the diffs.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i own both and love both for what they are intended. my 450 has done everything from trail ride, to duning, to ice racing, to local mx, to national tt's.

the 700 has done local mx and enduro events.

both machines have been flawless and have responded to mods very well. i will keep them both :D

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I never had that piece of equipment when I worked at Honda and put together new bikes. Damn it! If I had that, I'd prolly still be working there LOL.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts