Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently registered and new to the site. Bought my 700 2 months ago and love it. A friend of mine who sold me on the 700, recommended this site to me. I amazed of the all the knowledge and help you can get from some good people. Only wish I was using the site sooner.

As an ex-mechanic, I don't like straying from stock too much. With honda using an odd ball rear tire, any recommendations on size and tire that want change the ride quality or performance? thanks

Snow in NJ is crazy, but a good time.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
central NJ. Howell, Point Pleasant Area. Hoping to go out today and enjoy the snow. Hopefully the trails aren't too deep.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Welcome... You can do one of 2 things about the odd ball rear rim.
You could change to a 10" rim, but would need to change the offset to clear the upper a-arm... Or, you could do like many here and use the Maxxis Razr 22x10x11 for the rear. You could also use the Maxxis Razr2 in the front and go to a 22" or 23"... this helps with the front end push common to IRS quads.

roadkill

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks.I will definitely look into them, just have to find a set of wheels to make a complete set of spares.

On a different note. I have read conflictimg posts about pro-armor. I see their bumpers seem to be garbage, any advice on the nerf bars?

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
There are lots of opinions... you just need to read through them and do some research to make you own conclusion. I haven't got new tires yet because more options seem to become available as I wait, but will have to bite the bullet soon since the stocks are almost bald. After riding the 700xx I have come to love my heel guards this is why I went with honda racing nerf bars since I didnt lose the plastice ones.... good luck only real thing I can tell you is replacing something two or three times gets costly so don't be shy ask whatever is on your mind...
hope you get to play in the snow!!! I had a blast with mine.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
i did the dg steel series nerfs and didnt have to remove mine either mine were like 150$ or somethin how much were the honda ones

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
btw welcome to the site stepnez

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
got these from my dealers website so i prolly overpaid as well but im happy

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
idk cant figure this out can u see the pic
[/IMG] im not very computer sauvy

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
i read the how to post image thing but say my pic even from photobucket is 2 large or invalid and in paint i changed the pixel size but it didnt change the file size from 234kb or somethin around there sorry im tryin

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
welcome to the club. i had the same problem with pics. couldnt figure out photobucket but then figured out to resize my pics on my camera before i down load them. after that i down loaded them from windows mediacenter. dont feel bad im new to all this too. just got a digital camera 2 weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
lol thx for the tip but apperently im not smarter than a computer or a camera cuz i cant figure that out either lol o well ya win some ya lose some

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
ha got it!!!!!!!!!1 on accident i just pasted the address from photobucket after my message instead of pushin that button i actually did it to see if a link would show up sweet!!!!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
there is actually not that big of a gap its a bad pic and if there was i would tighten the webbing up on the first 2 clamps... if i thought there was any amount of danger i would fix or overcome it i leaned my lesson bout stickin ur leg past the nerfs the hard way... in my own defense its hard to fight insinct at first..

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
but no i never felt the need to turn my toe in that far....or accidenty been there ive been on bikes 4 bout 6 years and never been toe in far enough to get stuck and i ride full mx boot

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
i have the pro armor on my bike, there are some serious issues with mine. I do know they have fixed the problem and they are very good now. I got them the day they were released from pro armor and have had them a long time. I was dissapointed when i called them and they said it's your problem. I had both the bumper and nerf's, bumper is gone and I have to keep welding the nerf's every time I ride. Just a vibration clip but my point was to help me is some way, they know that there was a problem because the newer model is different. They should have helped me, but that is just my opinion. And Welcome to the site

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.