Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, hows it goin, been allround here for a lil while now, bought mine back in Nov, did'nt really ride it much yet with the weather the way it is... I hate the cold, but anyways, nice to meet you all. :D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Welcome to the club

DaGirl is correct DE700 and myself do ride from St-Clair, we usually part at WM and take off from there, matter of fact I'll be going up there next Thursday to get my 2010 RAC permit, if the weather is nice, might bring the bike with me. You have allot of trails in your area, perhaps we could do a group ride if the other members get their permit since it's private land.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Welcome to the site

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, It would be cool to get something going, but for the most part St Clair is better to ride in the spring when it gets warmer, No one around down there now, in spring on a nice Saturday or Sunday its packed, no matter where you go.

Word of advice thou, dont park in the parking lot down in Walmart, alot of times you see the cops sitting down there watching for quads, sometimes they sit there and wait for someone to take a tumble down the one hillclimb as well.

Best place to park is going up the Burma Road on the Right hand side before you hit the Yuke road, long as you got the permit your ok to park there, no one will mess with you, if you dont have the permit thou, you will get a fine and possible your bike taken from you.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CAoQ8gEwAA

St Clair is a ok place to ride, but to me Minersville is WAY better if you can find a place to park, I was only over there one time riding, but couldnt really catch how or what way we went, the guys i was with was jamming in 5th gear the 40 miles or so we rode...

Treverton is a place i would love to go, never was there yet, the permits will allow riding there, only reason i was thinking about getting one, When i go to St Clair, I never have // had one, but i dont park on the Burna nethier :lol:

But anyways, thanks again for the welcome to the site !

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
We spoke to the chief of police last year and he basically stated that "yes" we could get a ticket crossing 61 to hit the hill but there's no way they'll try to catch us once we are on the trail and as far as coming back, we can always push the bike at idle while crossing the street and they won't bother us. We've DE700, DaGirl71 been there quite a few times last year and I guess that we've been lucky but I will still park there since it's safe to park there and it's nice to be able to walk into WM for a drink, subway or a bathroom!

Where's Minersville?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I want videos of you guys pushing your quads across the road, for solely self enjoyment and no legal reason whatsoever.

:D
:D
When I was a kid, we used to push our bikes about 1.5 mile to go riding, so 100 yards won't be so bad and I'll only push it if I see cops around the area.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
about five minutes from wal mart...ten tops. That is where my inlaws live but I've never had the quad down there :cry:
Do you turn left right after the WM light, then follow the road for about 2-3 miles, think that I've been there, rode the atv there one day, nice riding area, it basically has everything you want, hills, trails and mud puddles

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
welcome

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts