Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I ordered a new 700xx I don't get it till next weekend, but is there anything I should know about this bike before i hope on it and rip some shit. Also is there any houston owners need to know any good places close to ride.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Welcome aboard! What kind of machines are you used too riding? Regardless, ride farther forward on the seat to keep more weight on the front tires for turning. If you ride technical trails get a 13 tooth front sprocket. There's tons of great info already discussed here and right at your finger tips, so post up some pictures as soon as you can.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Congrats. Welcome to the site. There are tons of posts on this.Here a just a few.....
1. Check wheels for spacer washers between wheel hubs and rims. If you find them remove them.
2. Check all fluids before riding and right after first ride.
3. Check all bolts after first ride and tighten all bolts you can see are loose.(Body, exhaust, wheels, suspension etc.)
4. Def take your time to get to know the xx. It rides dif than anything else. Learn how it handles before going nuts on it. Once you get confortable, it is a beast of a bike.

Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tory,
What's up with the spacer washers? What are they and why are they there in the first place? Why do we remove them? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'm not sure why they put them in. It has to do with shipping for some reason. As you can see if you have them, they only put two on each rim across from each other. So if you were to ride with them in place, You would be able to feel a wobble while riding. there is a post about it with pics somewhere but i cant seem to find it now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome aboard! What kind of machines are you used too riding? Regardless, ride farther forward on the seat to keep more weight on the front tires for turning. If you ride technical trails get a 13 tooth front sprocket. There's tons of great info already discussed here and right at your finger tips, so post up some pictures as soon as you can.
I'm used to the trx 450

1 - 8 of 8 Posts