Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a couple new parts for my second 700XX about a week ago. Teixeira Tech +2 stem, 1 1/8" bar clamp, and upper replacement a-arms. Attached a couple of pics below. The chrome on the stem is not for show, although it does look good. At the beginning of summer, I tried a chromed stem on my race 450R. I was amazed at how much the steering effort was reduced due to the smooth finish of the chrome at the bushing area. I actually had to add a couple of clicks to my steering dampner! Plus the chrome is much harder, don't have to worry about the bushing wearing into the stem. Yes, the chrome is more expensive, but well worth it in my opinion.

No installed pics yet, I ordered a 9/16" sway bar a week or so ago, just waiting for it to get here. (Currently on backorder, no set date yet for delivery.) Want to do a comparison of the sway bar vs. a-arms, so don't want to swap the arms yet untill I can try the sway bar with the stock arms. Once I do get the bar, will for sure post my thoughts on both in the product review section. Will also post a few installed pics in this thread once I get everything bolted up.

Doug

·
Registered
151 Posts
so true on the stem i bought the black one and wish i would have known about how much harder it is to steer i kinda thought it would be polished where the bushing rides kinda thank the manufacturer should say something if not polished

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
didnt know that about steering stems, if i ever upgrade it will be a chrome one, nice parts doug!:xx:

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Doug- what are you doing about cable lengths? Custom cables? From who?

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was nickel plating that Ed stopped offering a while ago due to cost. Actually, I think you can still get the nickel plating if you want it, but you have to pay more for it. My other 450R stem is nickel plated, of the two, I like the chrome better. I can even tell the difference in steering effort between chrome and nickel.

Tom, I am hoping the stock cables will still work. The only one I am worried about is the clutch cable, I have a twist throttle and the way I run the cable I have plenty of slack. (I rotate the twist throttle so the cable is under the bars. Found out the hard way that if you run a twist with the cable on the top, when the quad flips, it breaks the housing. I will let you figure out how I know that! haha) I think I will be alright, even with a +2 stem, by the time I add aftermarket bars, I don't think my bar height will be much higher then stock. I also have SS brakelines that I will be installing, so that will take care of the brakes. If I do need a longer cable, Motion Pro will probably be who I go through.

Doug

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I ran a set of Easton midCR bars and the stock clutch cable is long enough. I also turned the throttle upside down to stop tree branches grabbing the cable. Looking good Doug.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Thanks, guys. With my Protaper Raptor-bend bars, I feel like I'm pushing the limit on clutch cable length. In fact, I've got the bars tilted further forward than I want to give it some more room. So that's a high bar on a stock stem. My shock and vibe clamps are tall, but they'll still be there when I put in my Teixeira Tech stem. Anyway, I might get hold of Motion Pro. Thanks for the help!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.