Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
i got mine and it looks awesome but i hated that last week i got stuck an was pulling on the bumper and it came off!!had preety nasty fall youcan bet hahahah! the rubber bushings gt torn and gave in. now im figurin out how to fix it.so be aware dont pull on them too hard.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Ordered mine last Friday and should be here this Friday, ship it slow mode, lol!!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Got mine yesterday and it does look very sturdy, had mine painted flat black but already have some scratches on it due to our "brown boys" they know how to take care of our parcels....lol!!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Trizz, you trying to be like me?

Yamaha, you had to leave a washer out? You mean like the washers that come with the bolts? they are suppose to go btwn the bolt head and the bumper, not inbetween the bumper and frame unless you got rubber ones.

·
Registered
245 Posts

Yamaha, you had to leave a washer out? You mean like the washers that come with the bolts? they are suppose to go btwn the bolt head and the bumper, not inbetween the bumper and frame unless you got rubber ones.
My mistake they were so thick I did not even consider them to be washers I automatically assumed they were spacers to be used between the bumper and frame. I am changing them right now don't think it will solve my problem though.

·
Registered
108 Posts

na, Bro,i'm not trying to be like you your to much of a wise ass:lmao::lmao:
but i do like your bumpers i had to purchase them and i must say you have great taste hahahaha!:yay:

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
na, Bro,i'm not trying to be like you your to much of a wise ass:lmao::lmao:
but i do like your bumpers i had to purchase them and i must say you have great taste hahahaha!:yay:
hahaha, but you drive a CADDI lmfao

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i want the control bumper and the rear gas tank..... i could go like 30 more miles with the tank

·
Registered
245 Posts
So those washers in my kit are spacers because it came with a thin set for bolt heads and a fat set to use as spacers if needed. I took them off and it is still cocked a little bit but I will deal with it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
take the grill off check the mounts for the bumper one of the mounts might be bent..i have the same problem i'm going to make a new set out of steel like a front plate mount the fat washer go behind the bolt head the small washers go on the back side of the frame where the nut is reason being is so the rubber grommets don't pull out of the bumper mounting holes..

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
The bushing goes on the side of the bolt head, trust me I learned the hardway yesterday while pulling the bike forward using the bumper, it came out of its bushing so once I installed the washer in front of instead and now I can pull the bumper as hard as I want to and the bumper stays connected. So I used both the washer and bushing onto the front of the bumper.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have this bumper Desert II. I had it on when I ran into a ditch and broke both my lower arm bones. It took a nice hit at 30 MPH and besides a scuff is still perfect.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.