Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a new pro-armor bumper for my 700xx today. Paid $112 shipped which I think is a pretty decent price.

Does anyone have the same bumper with some pictures?

I'm also looking for a set of nerf bars and I really like the pro armor ones, also black with heel guards. I won't be racing but I've heard they are a must have if you are doing a lot of trail riding. I've ran myself over before on quads and that was just with an hold honda 125 4-wheeler when I was a kid.

I'm looking for nerfs in the 250-350 price range. Any suggestions?

I'm definitely getting a 13t front sprocket because just riding my 700xx this weekend I can really see the benefit of beingable t get more low end and also it should really allow me to go forward in idle.

Any suggestions on which to get would be great.

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Pro Armor has a bad reputation for not fitting very well. I've personally never had them but from what I've read, I will never buy from them.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
My pro armor ones fit fine, the two top bolt bolt holes that are right in the plastic under the seat is the only problem i've had with them fitting, but they are nice, and I have used and abused them a little bit and they are holding up strong.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Mine has been send back to pro armor in DECEMBER the same bumper because of weld cracking and never got any answer back from the dealer.I called like 5 times and the dealer told me that pro armor never return their call... My next bumper will be an IMS as Matlock and I will modify my frame to use a 450r model.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I have the same one, but not powder coated. The welds broke after about the 3rd or 4th ride. This has been a problem that is NOT exclusive to Pro Armor either. Many think it has something to do with the frame of the XX flexing. I had a friend re-weld mine and it has been fine. Pro Armor offered to give me a discount on another part, like a skid plate. To me, that was better than sending it back. Of course, not everyone has access to a shop to have theirs repaired either. I also have the nerfs, and they did not line up very well at all. It took a lot of tweaking to get them bolted up. I was extremely frustrated when I was installing them, but have liked the end result, as they look sweet and have held up very well. I like the fact that you can replace the foot pegs, all nerfs should have that option, IMO.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
I have them on order i got a great deal through atv galaxy because I ordered two sets at once to bad pro armor is setting on thier @ss and have been on backorder for almost two months

as far as fitment goes you might have to fudge a bit to get them to work but they are a good quality product. in a mass production aftermarket line like this there is always variations they dont fit every one to a bike to make sure it fits just right

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw the dominator bumper on someone else rig and decided to get that one instead. I bought it from Motor City Performance Cycle off ebay and they let me switch to the dominator instead of the xc. I have access to a shop if the weld breaks. I'm going to find some rubber washer material which will hopefully help keep it from breaking.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I had the black Pro XC bumper and the welds broke in less than 5 rides. The replacement they sent will not line up on the bottom hole because it's off by about 1/4". I haven't bothered to call Pro Armor because the last one they replaced took over a month from the time I sent it out until I got the new one. I will NEVER buy anything else from them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bummer to hear about Pro-Armor. I've heard both good and bad, since I've already got the bumper on the way I'll take my chances. I am going to do a little creative mounting and add some rubber gasket material that will hopefully help me out.

I've heard good things about the Pro-Armor nerf bars so long as you can get them installed (I've heard they don't line up well).

I really like he look compared to the other stuff I've seen.

RP

·
Registered
40 Posts
On my old KFX400 I got some pro-armor pro peg nerfs and it took me and a pro racer 3 hours to get them on.....AND they didnt even have the mounts for the rear fenders!! I was not happy with them at all!! But thats just my op!!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I bought the skid plates. Front didn't line up very well. I had to modify 2 of the holes. The rear skid fit fine though.

Jen Rath said they should be able to get some parts for the 700 mid summer. And they WILL bolt right up and be high quality and are 100% made in the USA.
Wish they could get to it sooner but they are a small shop and they are focusing on the racers right now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got the black Pro Armor Race Fat Peg Nerf Bars and they look great, but I did have to redrill the holes under the plastic so it would fit. They are the best looking nerfs in my opinion.:hey:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just got the same bumper BigDog...I just installed it and it looks good. I made some rubber washers out of an old bicycle inner tube. Just use the head of the bolt as a pattern and cut them out. Then cut a hole in the middle for the threads to pass through. Bolts up like a charm...I guess I will find out how strong the bumper is next weekend. We are having a big Easter ride up on the mountain in North Alabama...Yee Hawww !!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine delivered today, gonna install it tonight.

Let us know if it breaks on your ride this weekend.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got it installed, here are some pics before and after:

old stock bumper

during install, no bumper installed

new pro-armor bumper installed

Full front view with the new bumper

So far I like it, i'll post a review if it lasts, people have said the welds will crack, we'll see.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have run a PRM Baja for 8 months or so and it doesn't have any weld cracks. What did crack was the weld on the upper left mount on the frame. It appears that something flexes and the weakest spot will give. The frame mount breaking is actually better for me because I can weld that back, but i don't have a TIG to fix the aluminum.

I have had good luck with durability on Pro Armor skids................but fitment is a different story.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts