Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into buying a side by side to add to my collection.. Considering the polaris rzr? Anybody have one or any other kind? Ive never had one so give me what you got, opinions,facts,experience....?

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
That's a tough call. I think the Polaris is probably the way to go, they've been making play-market ones for a long time. Me, I would let width control everything. Get the top of the line one you can get and still keep the 50" width. Much wider than that, and it seems like it would be a real hindrance.

Also, I would consider upgrading the seatbelts to something more like a harness. My buddy's son really tore himself apart when he came out of it and the roll cage crushed his leg. He wasn't wearing a seatbelt, so I'm sure that would've worked, too. But in a rollover situation, you're far better off in a harness.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I personally am in the process of recieving my Commander X, I have a few friends with RZRs and they like them, I have driven them and they are fun. I have yet to try my commander as I am still in Iraq, but it is waiting for me in a crate at the dealership.

The choice comes down to what you want to do and what you like. Everything I have seen the Commanders Fit and finish is nicer then Polaris, the RZR 900 xp is faster then the commanders though and has better suspension. I think you can do more with the Engine on the Polaris at this point as noone has cracked the Can Am ECU yet. Also the RZR is not as wide as the Commander from specs I saw.. although havent looked much into the 900... Either way they are both fun, once I get home and get my Commander I will let every one know what I think about it.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I have rode in the RZR quite a bit, and a Kawi Teryx. The Teryx was more for just cruising and stuff compared to the RZR. RZR is faster and nimbler, not nearly as top heavy, and overall fun. When I just had the big 3, a rzr that was all souped up beat me in the drags by quite a bit. But I would just consider how wide you want it and stuff, and go from there. The RZR is actually the only thing I would buy from Polaris, but then again that is me. Plus they have the 4 seater now, so if you got 3 gfs, you are all set :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
I took my bosses rzr out. If I get anything, it will be the rzr 900. I have drove the rzr, a ranger xp, kubota rtv, teryx, rhino and nothing came close to the rzr. Now if you want to use it for a lot more work than play, I would look elsewhere. On a side note, the rzr fit in the bed of my shortbed dakota 2wd. As did the rhino. That wasthe only 2 I had in it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I own a RZR. I got the 50' LE for the ATV trails we ride around here. It has been flawless, so have my other PoPo's too. The RZR is really the only model out there that is pure sport. It'll still haul a trailer and 500lbs in the bed, that's all I need. My buddy has a RSR S, and it is one hell of a rock crawler, and faster than my RZR by a tad. They are fun to jump too. Now the RZR XP is the way to go, but pricy.

Mav

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Inwas at the dealership and checked out both the commander and the razr. The commander seemed much more cramped for the rider compared to the razr. The bed was bigger but personally I'd rather be more comfortable. I'm 5'11 and felt really cramped in the commander

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys! I dont have any can am dealers near me so I will have to find one and look at this commander... Im leaning towards a rzr-s I think.. My truck isnt big enough for any of them to fit in the bed so that doesnt matter to me and the trails where we ride are plenty wide so I think that might be the route I go..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts