Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I'm thinkin about buyin a new Raptor 700r se. Those of you that have had Raptor's in the past or the ones that currently have one. Can you give me some pro's and con.'s of these machine's. I have never personally owned one but have ridden them and think they are awesome. The one i'm looking to get is the 2011 ghost black 700r se model. I think it's friggin sweet looking!
So yeah talk me into or out of a new RAPPY 700R SE! Thanks!

·
Registered
446 Posts
looks like a bad machine, if you already have a 700xx no reason to talk you out of a raptor too =-P

·
Registered
190 Posts
It always depends on the type of riding you do. I like my xx because I can go everywhere the 4x4 go or almost and I can still have some fun in a sand pit etc.
I rode a raptor 700 and I have to say they are very nice quads.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
thats a good lookin quad. ive rode a few raptors and their nice, my next quad is gonna be the new yfz 450 they are so stupidly fast. unless honda decides to up there game in the 450 class

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
theres a blue and gold one in town that i am in love with and i road my buddys so nice. only thing about the raptor is it felt a little tipsy but may have been just me. they dyno 51 hp with just the big 3 though

LOVE my XX but this is just sexy!

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah they need a little work to make it your own but i feel they are a great base to start with. I am wanting a SRA quad so i can have one of each! A 450 is not totally out of the question though! I really like the ds450x xc

·
Registered
734 Posts
If you will use it mostly on an MX track then get the new YFZ450R if going for dunes and another trail machine get the raptor. Than 2011 SE is BEAUTIFUL!!! It is reliable as hell an the 08+ shocks have low and high speed compression making them awesome. Torque as you know is great and if you get a good big 3 package you are up to about 51 HP as said above. Or if you want to go a little crazier you can get a turbo for about $3500 and you will be in mid 70s or above, they even offer a trail turbo!

·
Registered
330 Posts
First off i am not selling my TREX-700 ever except to trade in for newer one
I want a yfz 450 but damn they are kind if pricey!!!

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah I'm in no hurry. The new Rappy hasn't hit the dealer yet.
I was thinkin??? Do you guys think the 450's require more maintenance?

·
Registered
734 Posts
450s always require more maintenance because they have high performance and high revving engines so you can expect to have to change rings, valves, piston and adjusting valve clearances a lot more than on the 700xx or the Raptor. The 450s are fast as hell and awesome too though.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, well I'm not gonna do any mx on it and I would like a more reliable machine. That's why I was thinking about going with the Rappy.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
450s always require more maintenance because they have high performance and high revving engines so you can expect to have to change rings, valves, piston and adjusting valve clearances a lot more than on the 700xx or the Raptor. The 450s are fast as hell and awesome too though.

Didn't those DS450's have trouble finishing races for the *longest* time?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not sure on the reliabilty of the ds 450's? I have never ridden one or even seen one in person. They look sweet though!
I'm pretty set on the Rappy. I think it'll be a good bike.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had a 660 stroker (719cc) and had a love hate relationship with it. Awesome machine when it wanted to be. The 700 is worlds different. My cousin has an 06 with about 2000 hard miles on it with next to nothing in maintenance A arm bushings, valve adjustments, brakes, etc... Its still on the original clutch. He has the Big 3 on his with the looney tunes exhaust. We switch up every now and then and I love riding it! You wont be disappointed if you get one (put the Barker in frame duals on it and you'll really like it!) O

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had a 660 stroker (719cc) and had a love hate relationship with it. Awesome machine when it wanted to be. The 700 is worlds different. My cousin has an 06 with about 2000 hard miles on it with next to nothing in maintenance A arm bushings, valve adjustments, brakes, etc... Its still on the original clutch. He has the Big 3 on his with the looney tunes exhaust. We switch up every now and then and I love riding it! You wont be disappointed if you get one (put the Barker in frame duals on it and you'll really like it!) O
Thanks man! My buddy had a built 660 raptor(actually 686). That bike was awesome. He did have alot problems with it though. Much like your friends.His was mostly just little things that were just aggravating. For instance his starter was always breaking! I think those problems have been resolved since those days though! As far as the barker duals go... I'm planning on getting an EHS Racing Big 3 to put on it. Something similar to what i got on the T-Rex but with the Barker in frame duals! I've already started watching youtube video's on the different exhaust sounds and i like the Barker alot.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts