Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Where did you get your rezzie mounts? I want those for my Elka's. Those are sweet.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
A little off topic, but.... damn that thing is clean. Is it new or do you just clean it with a toothbrush after every ride? lol. Sweet shocks and mounts.. i'm jealous.. Do they make a big difference?

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
that looks bad ass nice addition to the elka setup

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
WHAT!! 1000 dollar shocks dont come with the brakets??? what the hell
!:mad: (are those the mod quad clamps??)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WHAT!! 1000 dollar shocks dont come with the brakets??? what the hell
!:mad: (are those the mod quad clamps??)

First off, if you could have gotten me these shocks for 1000 dollars I would come wash your bike for a month...:lmao:

secondly, hell yes thay come with resi mounts.....2 large hose clamps & some rubber strips..( which works well, just not for me...)

The clamps came from Eastcoast ATV & then I sent them out to guy on forums that does some killer polishing work. Total investment for resi clamps $75

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A little off topic, but.... damn that thing is clean. Is it new or do you just clean it with a toothbrush after every ride? lol. Sweet shocks and mounts.. i'm jealous.. Do they make a big difference?

q-tips..lots 'o Q-tips...LMAO :lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
ok ur right there a little more. yeah hose clams arnt gonna work for this guy either i found some nice black ones from modquad

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I hate coming on here and seeing things so damn clean. Makes me wonder if a lot of people just ride highways. Sweet set up though.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Shovelhead,
Great installation!! Very clean and easy to service. What type of information did you have to give to Eastcoast ATV to get the correct diameter clamps for your shocks? They are nicely finished (courtesy of your friend) but are they available in black anodize? I will go to their website to have a look-see.
Thanks,
Sid

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
what rims have you got to allow you to run razr2's? Thanks

The ITP pro 9s in 10". Says right on there site they can be used, as long as you take the mud scraper off.

·
Registered
404 Posts
This is a really old thread but I remember some of us were talking about the way that the rear resis mount on the Elkas compared to the nice mount that fox sends out. I'll probably be purchasing a set. Thanks to the OP

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
This is a really old thread but I remember some of us were talking about the way that the rear resis mount on the Elkas compared to the nice mount that fox sends out. I'll probably be purchasing a set. Thanks to the OP
stg 5' are piggy back and you wouldnt of had to mess with a cheap mount! the stg 5 are pricey for someone who doesnt race! i will prolly go with the fox when i get new rears!

·
Registered
404 Posts
stg 5' are piggy back and you wouldnt of had to mess with a cheap mount! the stg 5 are pricey for someone who doesnt race! i will prolly go with the fox when i get new rears!
Piggybacks probably wouldn't have been ideal anyway. The exhaust would nearly boil the oil on the right rear side turning it into a pogo stick fast. A just for the record, not all stage 5 rears are piggyback. In fact the few pairs I have seen have been remote resis for the xx.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts