Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
I'm new to TRX700xx and this forum. I been riding 4x4 quads and a Polaris RZR for the last couple years and had enough of the BS. I wanted some speed and something to F around on alittle more. Got a brand new 700xx and love it!!!! went in the trails last week and had a blast, alittle trouble getting through some heavy mud and decided to get new rear tires. Had Mudlites on my old quad and they were great so I got them for this. 2 new rear rims and 2 tires shipped to my door for $260 from atvdirect. Rims are ITP T-9 size 10x8 (ITP doesnt have 11" wheels or tires), so an inch smaller in diameter but an inch wider than the oem wheels. This is as wide as you can go, there is about 0.25" clearance between the upper A arm and the rim because of the 10" wheel but they fit fine. Also have to remove the mud scraper. Tires are Mudlight 22-11-10 so the inch lost on the rim diamter is made up on the tire side wall height. Just got them today and they are bad ass delivered mounted and ready to go in just a few days.
I love the way it looks and stands with the wider beefier tires.

Should make a huge difference in the mud........... I hope!
Also included a picture of the ProArmor fat nerf bars just installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i like those black propeg nerfs im thinkin about getting the same ones.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi All,
I'm new to TRX700xx and this forum. I been riding 4x4 quads and a Polaris RZR for the last couple years and had enough of the BS. I wanted some speed and something to F around on alittle more. Got a brand new 700xx and love it!!!! went in the trails last week and had a blast, alittle trouble getting through some heavy mud and decided to get new rear tires. Had Mudlites on my old quad and they were great so I got them for this. 2 new rear rims and 2 tires shipped to my door for $260 from atvdirect. Rims are ITP T-9 size 10x8 (ITP doesnt have 11" wheels or tires), so an inch smaller in diameter but an inch wider than the oem wheels. This is as wide as you can go, there is about 0.25" clearance between the upper A arm and the rim because of the 10" wheel but they fit fine. Also have to remove the mud scraper. Tires are Mudlight 22-11-10 so the inch lost on the rim diamter is made up on the tire side wall height. Just got them today and they are bad ass delivered mounted and ready to go in just a few days.
I love the way it looks and stands with the wider beefier tires.

Should make a huge difference in the mud........... I hope!
Also included a picture of the ProArmor fat nerf bars just installed.

Dude, They make ITP Mudlites to fit our stock wheels. I bought a pair of 24x10x11's for $140 for both mounted and put on my bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yes, yhey are, but I like em'. I'm going to a 13 tooth sprocket this weekend , to get my torque back.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
how was the install on those nerf bars?
The nerfs are very easy to install just follow directions and you will have no problems. Oh and plastics need some minor modifying

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Nerf bars were OK to install, did take alittle messing around with. There where 2 holes that didn't line up, one of each side and it is the hole that the rear fender connects to. On the left side (when sitting on the bike) the hole on the nerf bar was alittle low, about a half inch low. My fix for this was to flip the frame mount upside down. There is a tube that bolts to where the factory foot pegs went, it bolts on and the bars slide over it. By flipping the tube over it raised it about a quater inch which pushed up the nerf bars and the hole lined up just fine. On the right side different story, the hole hight was ok without flipping the tube, but it was not lined up side to side. I had to hog out the hole on the fender alittle and it was fine. If everything bolted up perfect without messing around it would have taken less than an hour, but after all the messing around, thinking, tweeking, try this and try that until I got something that worked it was about 2.5 hours from start to finish. In the end the bars look great, in my opinion!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts