Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I got the red ones, the Yellow DEF looks better IMO on the black machine, but I think it would look a lil off on the red. I just wish you could adjust them on the fly. Should be trying mine out all week long starting WEDS I hope, before the first race on it Sunday.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I'm all giddy with excitement LOL. The only thing I didn't like about modding is how close you have to grind down on the shocks. But it should hold as it is on the backside on not in a very supportive area.
Smoooth, I just emailed the guy I got mine from, I think he is racing today but once I find out I will let you know what model they were off. And once I can post pics I will put them in the other threat to show how close I had to grind, using a dremel and angle grinder.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Yeah, what I am talking about is the actual shock, where the hole is, just on the outside edge of it, the thickness of the shock metal itself there to the thickness every where else is just not the best. I did the same w/ the mounts though, did very little, used a dremel the hole time on the mounts to keep it nice looking.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Thats what I was thinking, underside of mount and topside of the shock. But if there is a pob, not out much money I suppose. I check to see if one of my elkas from the 450 would work, but def not LOL.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
The yellows are the X model, and reds are the base model, directly from the guy that sold them if anyone wants to know.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Corsari,
I grinded both the bushing and the shock down to the same thickness and didn't worry about the movement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts