Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to change out my tires and rims. Leaning towards doing 22x10-11 Razrs in the back and 23x7-10 Razr 2s in the front. As for the rims, probably going to order from Rocky Mountain so I only have one choice for the rear rim and probably going to go with the ITP Baja for the front.

What does everyone think about this. I ride all different types of terrains so looking for all around good setup. Want to be able to slide the rear easily too. Just installed the L8ton 11/16 sway. Going to test it out for the ffirst time on saturday.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Be careful with the 23" front tires... If you plan to add nerf bars later, they may rub. I assume you are going to use DWT rear rims? If so, use the Red Label @ .190. I don't like ITP so best not to give an opinion.

roadkill

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah DWT .190 is what the plan is for the rears. Not sure if I will ever do the nerf bars. Why don't you like ITP?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have run itp baja wheels with the reinforcement rings on the front of my 400ex and they help up pretty well.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Yeah DWT .190 is what the plan is for the rears. Not sure if I will ever do the nerf bars. Why don't you like ITP?
I've bent the crap outta 2 pairs of fronts... but then haven't tried the Baja's... Don't care for their tires either.

roadkill

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about going to the wider 22x11-9 Razr on the rear. Would this fit? Would I need a bigger offset on the rim or a spacer? How would this change performance?

Rocky Mountain offers the tire (even though its out of stock) but it doesn't come up when I try to do a package. It might be because they don't have a 9" rim

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
How about going to the wider 22x11-9 Razr on the rear. Would this fit? Would I need a bigger offset on the rim or a spacer? How would this change performance?

Rocky Mountain offers the tire (even though its out of stock) but it doesn't come up when I try to do a package. It might be because they don't have a 9" rim
A 9" rim on the back wouldn't fit... not without a spacer anyway. The problem is with clearance between the rim and the upper a-arm. People do use a 10" rim with our quad with a wider offset... Both of these options would make the rear of quad wider.

roadkill

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if I wanted to go with the razr 22x11-10 with a DWT .190 10x7 4.0+3.0 would i need to do anything or will this just go right on? Would the mud scrapers have to come off?

·
Registered
29 Posts
mud scrapers have to go

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
mud scrapers have to go
Yea, and it's a good idea to remove them anyways. Some riders have found small rocks get trapped between scraper and rim, and it acts like a lathe and eats right through the rim!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
chat with rockymountainatv they will tell you with lugs you need :atv::confused:

·
Registered
249 Posts
I picked up some OMF reinforced wheels with new kenda kutters front and rear. Love the combo. Costly wheels but flat out nice.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
And what about the lugs? Do they need to be tapered or flat for the ITP Baja and DWT .190?
Not sure about the ITP, but the DWT rims need the flat side of your lugs. Our lugs have a tapered side and a flat side... so will work either way.

roadkill

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Who ever thought getting tires would be so involved. Been spending hours agonizing over what to get. Now i'm looking into the Razr2 20x11-10 for the rear and probably the 22x7-10 in the front. Figured this would help with reducing the weight of the Razr2s (not to mention the price). I'm not to concerned about the ride height. What do you think? I've seen a lot of people on here say the went to 20s in the rear. Do I have to change the sprockets as well or is it just a recommended thing to do. If so. What's the best option?

Sorry for all the question. I am definitely not that mechanically inclined.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Who ever thought getting tires would be so involved. Been spending hours agonizing over what to get. Now i'm looking into the Razr2 20x11-10 for the rear and probably the 22x7-10 in the front. Figured this would help with reducing the weight of the Razr2s (not to mention the price). I'm not to concerned about the ride height. What do you think? I've seen a lot of people on here say the went to 20s in the rear. Do I have to change the sprockets as well or is it just a recommended thing to do. If so. What's the best option?

Sorry for all the question. I am definitely not that mechanically inclined.
A 20x11x10 on a DWT or ITP roughly ends up as a 22" tire. I have and use both the DWT and ITP but use Kenda's.

so you can fit a 10 inch rear wheel by just removing the scrapers?
Yes but you need to buy a DWT, 10x8 or 10x7 rim or the ITP 10x7 rim that has a 4/144mm stud pattern.

If you look some more you can run 8" rims on the rear. Long story ,differant post.etc. :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the help. Looks like the razr2 20" rear 22" fronts is how i'm going. Hopefully I don't change my mind again before I put in the order tomorrow.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also, I see that I could still use the stock lugs. Just have to flip them and use washers.. If I were to get new flat lugs, do I still need the washers?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Also, I see that I could still use the stock lugs. Just have to flip them and use washers.. If I were to get new flat lugs, do I still need the washers?
I would always use washers on ali rims.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts