Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey TRX700 riders! Rode it for a couple hours so far, love this quad. I did a few mods since I rode it. I have added a 13 tooth front sprocket, and replaced the stock air filter with the velocity air filter. Do I need to get one of those fuel commanders? Thats probably all the mods I will do to my quad. I might do a slip on pipe or new exhaust system some day. Can Honda remap the fuel settings for me? This fuel injection and fuel commander is all new to me.. It does slightly bog down when I goose the throttle form an idle.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
welcome to the board! You will need to at least get a cheap fuel controller to fine tune the settings. you probably will only want a power commander if you plan on modding more than just intake, and exhaust, but then u will have to find a shop to dyno tune the bike for you, unless u can find a compatible map on the dyno jet web site. search the board a bit more, and you will find your answers in other posts.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
welcome to the board! You will need to at least get a cheap fuel controller to fine tune the settings. you probably will only want a power commander if you plan on modding more than just intake, and exhaust, but then u will have to find a shop to dyno tune the bike for you, unless u can find a compatible map on the dyno jet web site. search the board a bit more, and you will find your answers in other posts.
I have to agree. A dobek style efi controller (EHS and others) will be quite sufficient... with intake and exhaust mods.
May I recommend the efi controller from EHS... EHS is a sponsor of this site and Eric is just great at answering questions and providing us support.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
You don't need a controller with just a filter when you decide to get a pipe then yes you will want an efi controller for it as well EHS has been good to us and would suggest there exhaust package.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a Bunch everyone! I will leave it as is. But I will add a slip on later. Probably not the full exhaust. Any suggestions on the slip on exhaust? Then I will get the fuel controller. I will be riding at windrock, some at royal blue..

·
Registered
497 Posts
If your just getting a slip on and don't plan on upgrading to a full system I would go with a Yoshi. I love the way they sound. Or you could do a FMF, that way if you decide to go to a full system later all you have to buy is the powerbomb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts