Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the 700XX a two wheeled sister today: a 2009 Ninja 250! It's my first street bike, and after an hour shakedown around the neighborhood, I have to say it's a blast! It has just over 4000 miles, and in great condition. There are some minor scratches, probably been laid down at low speed, but nothing major. Getting more used to the handling, and it feels like your flying! (no I'm not breaking the speed limit...) Just the sensation of focusing ahead and leaning the bike around curves, its very fun! The wobbles are gone, getting smoother all the time! Here's a picture of the new toy...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Very nice I have been looking into a first bike I think I will go with a honda cbr 600 as a first tho I would like to start on a 250 but I do not want to have to buy another bike soon after the first and I have heard that most people want to step up once they are used to the 250's nice bike though enjoy it, be safe, and wear the protective gear.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Best thing with the 250's though is they are cheap, so if you lay it down, you wont be out much. The cornering comes gradually. I'd recommend taking a street bike class because it will help you with slow speed turns which 99% of people have problems with. Everyone can ride a bike fast, but not very many can maneuver it pretty slow. Congrats on your bike man.

Oh, and insurance will be way cheaper on a 250.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already took the MSF Rider course, and would recommend it to anyone considering getting into the sport. Slow tight turns are the trickiest thing, and I am gradually getting better at them. This bike is a lot better than the 125 I was on during the course:lol:. I'm taking it easy and building up as I go, don't want to get hurt or tear up my bike. This is a lot of fun, but I'm not giving up the quad.:tup:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Updates

Well three weeks in and I've probably put 300 or so miles on it. I can go get my regular license this week, had the permit a month now. Been riding around the country backroads around my area and yesterday got out in some mid-day traffic here in town. I've put over 100 miles on it just this weekend. Having fun and learning more with each ride.

Done a few mods to it last week – blue wheel stripes, tank protector, and a rear fender eliminator. Also got rid of the amber reflectors on the front fender. This really cleans up the look. Here's some pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Damn how did I miss this thread? :confused: nice bike Aaron! :tup: really like they wheel stripes. I'm gonna put some orange ones on mine!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was actually seriously considering the new CBR250R until I bought this. The CBR is so new there's only a few in the states now. I was saving up for one and just couldn't wait any longer having the permit and no bike. I could get a used Ninja allot cheaper and aftermarket is more readily available since they've been out some time now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts