Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had not even thought of a new quad until a couple weeks ago. I had a mint '05 450R that I rode about 3-4 times a year on trail rides with an afternoon buzz around the subdivision thrown in every once in a while. I got a phone call from a guy telling me about the great deal he got on a dirt bike and he wanted to tell me about the most awesome looking quad he'd ever seen and the super deal they had going on them.

I've always been sort of interested in the 700XX so the wheels started turning. To make a long story short, I sold the R in less than a week and picked up a leftover XX a couple days later. I still haven't got to ride it though.....it hasn't been above freezing here in southern Kentucky in weeks and we've had more snow this year than I've seen in a long time.

I do most of my riding locally with a trip over to Harlan, KY and Black Mountain once a year or so. I'll post a link to some pics of past rides and such.

http://s375.photobucket.com/home/CNC_guy/index

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Welcome to the site

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
just because it under 32 and theres some snow on the ground dont mean the xx is grounded take her out and have some fun

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
oh and welcome..

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome !! Looks like you guys had some nice get togethers on trails...

P.S> Whats up with Grandpa's snakes???

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
My parent's place and my grandpa's old place are really close to a trail head to some great riding. As I said in the first post, sometimes I ride Black Mountain, which is about 3hrs away in Harlan, KY.....great riding and even greater people over there.

Back last August, I found out on another site that they were planning a trip over here to ride. The planning thread kept getting bigger and bigger so I offered camping and parking for some of them. They wanted pics of the camping and parking area because we really didn't know each other so that's why I have photos of the horse barn and my grandpa's place on there. Anyways, to make a long story short, I posted a pic of the snakes that were killed a few weekends before the ride at my grandpa's place just to add a little flavor to the thread. My grandparents have passed, but my father still owns the old place. There really hadn't been any movement there so when my dad was there to prepare for the camping and parking, a piece of tin was moved and all those critters were under it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts