Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. I'm Andy, I'm 27 and I'm from MN. Just picked up an '08 new (carryover) from a dealer up here for $5k. Just couldn't pass the deal up for my girlfriend to have a bike for this and following trail seasons.

The TRX was recommended to me by my cousin, who had a '03 450 and loved it. The IRS sold me for the trail riding potential for my gf. I am a 2-wheel lover myself, but I do enjoy the quad. I have a '95 YZ 250 fully set up for MX racing but will be de-tuned for trail purposes.

I did have my first win against a guy down the street on a Raptor 660 with a few mods (pipe, cam, and jetted carb from what he told me) and smoked him a few times. He had never seen the TRX and I think he was shocked that he was beat by a stock bike. :yay: 1/1 so far :D

Anyways, just sayin hi, and i will be keeping up on here, mostly for recommendations on parts and trails, and I may have a few questions when i get into putting on the accessories in the near future.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Welcome to the club and enjoy your new toy, there are a few members from MN so you're not alone that have chosen one of the best bikes :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
I did have my first win against a guy down the street on a Raptor 660 with a few mods (pipe, cam, and jetted carb from what he told me) and smoked him a few times. .
I take it you got one of the faster XXs. Black and grey is well known to be faster than other colors.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I take it you got one of the faster XXs. Black and grey is well known to be faster than other colors.
careful blasphmey runs rampant on this site :stupid:... everybody know's red/black is faster.

congrats on the bike and you'll learn the inner workings of the site, it's a fun place to hang out with friends :yay:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I am one of the "Chosen" ones. I have the black and silver. :rock:I think I will order a new cover for the silver, though, and do a dark blue insert there, since my gf and I prefer it that way...

Thanks for the welcomes! :D

·
Registered
446 Posts
ouch that stings... lol. again, welcome to the site

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome & please dont put blue on that rocket ship Black & silver ..it will slow you down big time ....just like when these other guys & gals added Red to theirs...:nuts:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome!! And black is the fastest...even faster than grey and black... I guess you're kinda in the middle!! :D
When I feel the need for near death experiences, I'll just pop out my YZ and do some short drags :yay:with all my goodies on it it burns the 700 for a good little bit... 2 stroke 2 wheelers FTW hehehe. Too bad it has no top end :cry: maxxes out around 65-70, but gets there with a quickness.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to the site, I gots a black and silver '08 too. definitely faster, yup yup I am sure it is. The best thing since PB&J.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts