Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I just put a new HMF Competition slipon on my 700xx. Sounds great, loud, but sometimes when I rev it, it back fires. Is this normal? And will back fires hurt anything? It came with three different baffles 1. somewhat restricted 2. less restricted 3. not restricted. Please Help thanks

·
Registered
821 Posts
These michines run lean from factory, if you start opening them up to breathe better they getleaner. You may need a programmer to richen it up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Running lean can cause it to backfire??? and will backfires hurt anything other then my ears? LOL

·
Registered
157 Posts
You should look into a fuel programmer. Most popular on here are the dobeck EHS version and Dynojet PCV. I believe your engine runs hotter the leaner it gets. Get a UNI air filter while you are at it.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Running lean will causeit to pop and stall, running rich will make it sluggish till higher in rpm range and might black smoke. I have heard people running aftermarket air filter without any problems, but when the exhaust side gets opened up you start running leaner. I am not expert just what I have read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts