Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my machine in early January and lovin' everything about it.
I was doing a search for reverse rev limiter, and this forum has the best instructions on how to sideline it.
Looking forward to encountering another 700xx on the trails!
Anybody nearby RSP?

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
HAHA, the first one I have seen with chains. Should of just bought new tires with the money for the chains. Anyway, I live in Danbury CT, so I can't be that far if you are in north Jersey. DaGirl is from Jersey, and I think they all ride in PA mostly. Welcome to the club.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Welcome to the Club, DaGirl is also from North Central NJ and I from PA, we usually go riding in PA, either at White Haven, St Clair and this year we are going to hit Treverton and perhaps Hazleton. You're more than welcome to ride with us. Just look for Post from DaGirl about a Sunday trip. Hopefully the trails will be open in 2 weeks. As for St Clair,this is own RAC and they require us to have permit which cost $100 for the year and is worth the cost. Now, allot of people don't have permits and still ride there but you can get in trouble with the owners or the local police which then would cost more so $100 is not that much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have fairly easy access to trails between Mahwah-Ramapo-Hillburn-Ringwood. The chains went on during that deep freeze recently, the trails had some pretty thick ice building up on the uphills.
Besides, the other quads needed me to break the glaze on some of the runs.
I hear pennsylvania is real nice.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have fairly easy access to trails between Mahwah-Ramapo-Hillburn-Ringwood. The chains went on during that deep freeze recently, the trails had some pretty thick ice building up on the uphills.
Besides, the other quads needed me to break the glaze on some of the runs.
I hear pennsylvania is real nice.
I am also in the NNJ area, and would love to get on the trails in Ramapo. Are these trails public or private?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rsp

I mentioned RSP before...Ringwood State Park.
It is state property, so you ride at your own risk.
I have registration and insurance to soften some of the trespassing penalties, but in the last 30 years of enjoying the state park, I've seen only 2 or 3 Rangers.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I mentioned RSP before...Ringwood State Park.
It is state property, so you ride at your own risk.
I have registration and insurance to soften some of the trespassing penalties, but in the last 30 years of enjoying the state park, I've seen only 2 or 3 Rangers.
Ok thanks. Stated parks are for plated dualsport bikes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I grew up in Mahwah, now live in central IL. I used to ride Ringwood State park when I was a kid, you can also access the trails if you take stag hill road in Mahwah all the way up the mountain. There are some good trails up there but I don't know how much police enforcement there is now. about 15 years ago it was never an issue.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
From what I was told, cops now have 4 wheelers and they are enforcing the laws starting this year. Same as now you have to register your bike in NJ. They are trying to open some parks for us and they basically need some funds...lol! Give it another 5 years and we might have a park...might!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup, I'd rather pay a $100 fee to ride in the park vs. a $100 penalty for being caught. Now, there's some revenue for the State. I think they would have quite a bit of customers.
And so much for cracking twigs and running over thistle with the quad, you should see what the latest storm did to the trees around here...lots of destruction.
...and thanks for the nice welcoming to the 700 club!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts