Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 97 300ex. The only problem I have with the bike is the idle is so low it wants to die, adjust it up and idle high, no real happy midle ground. been a while since I ran a carb. Oh well, it was only 400.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Wheres the pictures!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Sounds like the carb needs a good clean up

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Hell I paid 700 for my sisters 300EX and now a simple fix (valve adjustment) turns into a complete rebuild so for 400 and only having a carb problem your doing fine

I've got almost 2K in hers already and its still in a million pieces but when its done it will be a monster of a 330 lol

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's the history. The guy I got it off of owned it about5yrs ago, sold it. Bought it back a couple days ago not running. Don't know how long it was sitting. Took it out a little this afternoon and drained old fuel(no idea how old it was). Put some seafoam and fresh 93 in it. Took it down the driveway several times, idle started to go up, backed it down some. Road some more, idle went up again. Backed it out somemore. Road it a little longer and idle never went back up. Think the carb had some junk in it. To go into more descriptive details. Here is a rundown on it. Back shock is bad, seat cover is ripped in a couple spots, swingarm bearings/bushing sloppy. No headlight switch, have to get that fixed. I will try to get some pics up tomorrow. I did get my first win and loss on it tonight. My buddy has a bone stock one and weighs about 165, I was on mine and weigh about 265. I beat him out of the hole and clear to almost the revlimiter, and he passes me top end. I don't think that is bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.