Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love the smell of Nitro in the morning... It smells like... SPEED.

This is how I spent my Friday. The NHRA is in town... well actually near by in Sanoma. Day temps were in the high 80's... which meant that the women were wearing... well very little and that's always nice. At night, the temp dropped considerably and that means the the speeds went up and the times got lower. Here are some of the pics I took... Great seats on the close side of the track and in the 5th row about 10 feet past the staging lights. There was only one driver that I wanted a pic of... Can you guess who that drive was? I was surprised how small the Top Fuel and Funny Car drivers are... I mean that Ron Capps is all of 5' nothing.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
NHRA pics (part 2)

More pics

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
NHRA pics (part 3... end for now)

Last of pics for now... may upload more another time. For any that don't know it... the second to last pic is of Funny Car clutch packs... probably cost more that our trucks. And yes, the last pic is me.... No, I'm not the one with the dandy natural air bags.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
You Suck! I Wanted To Go So Bad This Year Its So Much Fun!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Northwest Nationals in Seattle...

I took 2 of our kids to the 1st round of the 2010 Western Swing... here's some pics... im not as into drag racing as i used to be but two of my kids flipin love it:thanks:

Boy and the Sarge... we walked up to the pit just as tony was gettin in the cockpit for a test light, my son was givin him these huge thumbs up and number ones... he was yellin youre #1 tony, it was super cool. my son had been runnin off whenever we were around the pits and they lit the engines off... but when we got to tonys pit he stood there the whole time... eyes waterin from the nitro and all... tony got outta the car grabbed a pen, came straight to my son, took him under the rope walked him in the trailer and around the dragster, one of the mechanics let my son pull on his torque wrench that was on a rear wheel lug nut, they came back around to the front and took this pic. that was two weeks ago and my son is still talking about it lol... in fact i was flippin the channels and caught saturday quali at sonoma and he wanted to watch lol

Taylor and Ashley... Ashley told my daughter to go to drag racing school in CA where she got her start... when i asked her for a Ashley Force sponsorship... well you guessed it, she said no... didnt even give me her number lol :disgust::lmao:

Cant get close enough lol

Tony Schumacher signed this car.. my 4yo wont even play with it now lol he also has a kids #51 Lofa Tatupu Seahawks jersey signed by lofa in a glass case in the man cave down in our basement... he wants to put the signed dragster in the case with the jersey :lmao: i told him we have to get a different kind of case if thats what he want to do with it lol

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You got some great pics and some great times for your kids. I wasn't a fan of the Sarge... I really don't know why, but from your story about him taking your boy inside his pit... I may change my opinion of him... Good on him for doing that!

roadkill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts