Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i had a hell of a weekend in brookehaven, Mississippi for the fourth at timberlane campground. Well needless to say they had some nice bikes out there. I ran into a sidebyside that had a brute force motor bored out to 820 and spraying. Now i have a completely stock bike and id figured i would take him well, we were neck and neck up to the end of third when i started pulling him. Well come to find out he wasnt even spraying due to the solenoid wire came apart. On my second day i had the privelage of racing a brand new can-am renegade. First race he stayed in 2wd and i pulled him in mid third. Second race with him in 4wd, he pulled away from me in the begining of third and it was a hurt feeling especially him running 29inch tires and flinging rocks as he passed. But to get to the point has anyone attempted to run nitrous yet? Im in the middle of trying to find the right tuner. I was leaning more to the dynojet power commander 3 but is there one out there that is made to tune for nitrous or is that it. I wana run like this guy--->

:xx:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually posted this in the wrong thread damn, its ok im a noob. But i haven't heard of them? Are they a known company?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well ima have to do some more research before i do anything but thanks for the info because i was a little stuck when i couldnt find anything on it. But i did fine a youtube video that someone turboed a 700 but thats a little more weight then what i want but it still looked kool.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
just remember this. bottles are for babies.lol:haha:

·
Registered
452 Posts
babies suck on bottles... real men get blown.... boost all the way!!!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
:stupid: turbo. or if you want to go fast just build the engine hi compression, cam, porting, big bore...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Yeah, good idea, ram air into an engine that runs lean anyways and restrict an already overheated restrictive exhaust, even if you get it rich your turbo is only going to flow as much as the stock intake and valves will alot for...

dude, just build your engine, talk to alba, ehs, velociraptor or even trinity and build it, naturally aspirated ohv THUMPER engines RIP if you do them right !! you know those methanol funny cars and top fuel dragsters, yeah they have superchargers, but they are just high compression, mechanical, pushrod, 2 OHV valve per cylinder engines man...DUH it's like the best design to make HP in the world, you just have to get a little bigger bore and some more compression, bigger valves, better cam, better flow through your head, a bigger throttlebody and exhaust and BAM, you'll be makin 50-70hp no prob, i dont have the money right now, but when i get it, look out, i'm going to see what i can make this sob do...

def no turbo or ntrous, just build it up, suck gas and haul ass brotha !!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
babies suck on bottles... real men get blown.... boost all the way!!!
I have a 50 trim on a srt-4 neon and I have to agree boost is very addictive but I'm trying to save on weight a turbo is a little to much the weight. I was originally thinking of doing that but to price an intercooler piping bov and re configuring exhaust spray just seems the better route to take light and the most bang for the buck.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have a 50 trim on a srt-4 neon and I have to agree boost is very addictive but I'm trying to save on weight a turbo is a little to much the weight. I was originally thinking of doing that but to price an intercooler piping bov and re configuring exhaust spray just seems the better route to take light and the most bang for the buck.

just build it man, you will LOSE weight and be faster at the same time, you have to build it to run a turbo or nos anyways unless you want to blow it to pieces...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Turbo is a good route but not practicle for a OHV bike...if you want to just use it to drag then turbo...if you want to use it all the time N/A build. I live right by alba and go to them for everything...I have seen dyno charts for their big 3 and a high comp piston standard bore and PP head pushing 62whp, we push about 44whp stock...Nitrus is good but where are you going to hide the bottle are you talking about sneaky pete and pushing what a wet 30 shot? since this is new to our bikes you might be the first to have nos and the first to have blown his engine due to nos....I say baby steps start with big 3....

·
Registered
537 Posts
Nitrous is NOT rocket science people. I've had 7 cars all with nitrous and never blew anything up. My '97 Supra is using a GT47-88 Turbo and a 250 shot putting down 1250hp on 35psi. My '88 T-Bird Turbo is using a T3/T4 turbo and a 175 shot putting down 540hp on 24psi. If you have no clue what you're doing then you'll blow it up I promise. All it takes is knowledge, tuning ability, common sense, and not getting greedy with the spray. But for an all around use ATV, nitrous nor a turbo is practical at all. You need the revs up before you hit the spray and it takes revs to build boost. And once it hits you had better have some really good traction or all you're going to do is spin. An all out drag racer, yes by all means go for it. For what you're going to use it for, just build the engine N/A.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Nitrous is NOT rocket science people. I've had 7 cars all with nitrous and never blew anything up. My '97 Supra is using a GT47-88 Turbo and a 250 shot putting down 1250hp on 35psi. My '88 T-Bird Turbo is using a T3/T4 turbo and a 175 shot putting down 540hp on 24psi. If you have no clue what you're doing then you'll blow it up I promise. All it takes is knowledge, tuning ability, common sense, and not getting greedy with the spray. But for an all around use ATV, nitrous nor a turbo is practical at all. You need the revs up before you hit the spray and it takes revs to build boost. And once it hits you had better have some really good traction or all you're going to do is spin. An all out drag racer, yes by all means go for it. For what you're going to use it for, just build the engine N/A.
exactly, so you dont think that you open a stock 700xx up and hit the juice its not going to pop, I guess yeah, if its tuned correctly, maybe not right away, but you are really pushing your luck with a stock engine IMO...

on another note...a few years ago my idiot buddy put a 15 shot on his banshee, haha, he ran it rich as hell up top, i think he miced the gas like 7 or 8 oz to a gallon (it POURED oil everywhere and fouled plugs if you didnt ruin it right), like 380 main jets and he cut his needles and drilled ports and cut the bottom of the slides, it was so cool, he would open it up in 6th and hit it and it would wheelie on the road, but it didnt last long at all, i know that has nothing to do with this, just reminded me of it, it was extremely amusing !!! :lmao: he was about to rebuild it and turbo it, then trinity came out with the cheetah powervalve kit, so we built two of them and still wheelied in 6th on the road :yay:

·
Registered
537 Posts
What people do not realize is that whether it's nitrous, a turbo, supercharger, or a high comp engine, excess cylinder pressure is created when building power. The more pressure built, the better you're going to have to contain it. Adding 15 or more hp whether by nitrous, boost or super high comp, a cam, and head work is still 15+hp no matter how you look at it. I've run a 275 shot on a 95 Mustang GT with totally stock engine with the stock cast pistons when everyone said it could not be done reliably. We made over 100 1/4 mile passes on that engine with the 275 shot, no problems what so ever, and sold the car where it made at least 100 more passes before he lost control after a wheel stand and wrecked it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts