Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my first ride I decided these stock fenders are pretty much useless, they offer virtually no protection from even the smallest of puddles. I like to be able to see my front tires, the ground, and what the suspension is doing.

Wonder what other fenderless peeps are doing with the mount for the fenders? are you cutting it off or removing the mount entirely? I noticed the mount also supports other plastics so I guess you really can't remove it. I hate to cut it, in case I want to put them back on? Is there any reason I shouldn't remove them?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
thats the way most sport bikes fenders are , utility 4 wheelers offer good splash protection

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's called the Baja look. Most cut it off . Theres a few posts about this . Try a search !
I tried searching without luck, even if I search for baja look nothing comes up. I guess I'm using the wrong keywords. :confused: Thanks!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yes I cut it off with a grinder, if you ever want it back it is part of a bolt on bracket and can be purchaced from any Honda dealership. You will need to drill 2 holes in the nosing that bolts to the tank and covers the headlight. the 2 holes will be in the front where there is a bolt to hold the fenders, replace it with a nut and bolt to keep the nosing from blowing off. I learned the hard way

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
It's called the Baja look. Most cut it off . Theres a few posts about this . Try a search !
whaoo there bexter there are a few of us that still wear our fenders proudly!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Lol, I wear my fenders proudly also

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I still have my fenders, Trying to help a fellow rider out. You really wanna see the TT and MX front end i am running this year. Bit of a clue "NO CHICKEN WINGS" shaped like a bullet !

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I cut it off with a grinder, if you ever want it back it is part of a bolt on bracket and can be purchaced from any Honda dealership. You will need to drill 2 holes in the nosing that bolts to the tank and covers the headlight. the 2 holes will be in the front where there is a bolt to hold the fenders, replace it with a nut and bolt to keep the nosing from blowing off. I learned the hard way
Ok, took Dave's advice. I used a 8mm x 35mm buttonhead, 5/16" rubber washer, some 5/16" hose, and a 8mm nylock nut. Came out pretty good! I haven't rode it yet, but I don't think it will be going anywhere!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts