Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a new uni filter in over the weekend.my XX has not stalled one time since.and now i can hear the airbox a little bit.i can not believe how restrictive the stock filter is.i noticed the head pipe doesent get as red now either.seems to have better throttle response now also.:D

·
Registered
788 Posts
Good to know. I think I might try to pick one up.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
2nd

·
Registered
445 Posts
Put a new uni filter in over the weekend.my XX has not stalled one time since.and now i can hear the airbox a little bit.i can not believe how restrictive the stock filter is.i noticed the head pipe doesent get as red now either.seems to have better throttle response now also.:D
Did you just replace the filter or did you replace the filter cage as well?......

I have always thought the stock Honda filter was OK but the stock filter cage was the most restrictive part.

Linc

·
Registered
333 Posts
3rd... i have the UNI and love it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm picking up my UNI this week and riding on saturday, I've heard so many good things about them I hope my expectations aren't too high.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i used the UNI cage.i dont see how it could breath through the factory cage.several more days have gone by now.and my 700xx still has not stalled yet.and i can hear the airbox quite well now.with the lid on..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i got mine through Ebay.28.00 shipped

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have been thinking of picking one up myself. Any change in power and/or throttle response?

Anyone have a pic of the UNI cage?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I cant pin point any Direct difference.
in just the filter it's self.as far as from a perormance standpoint.Because i put the UNI on at the same time i put my FMF Q4 on.but the two together sure woke it up!!.and SCUZZ is right on the money about the old cage.it choke's the quad to death compared to the UNI cage.im in the middle of moveing into our new house right now.so my fuel management system is on hold for a few weeks.so is rideing :( .did i mention moveing sucks!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts