Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Same thing with the KTM ATVs, they have a lot of new 08 and 09 models in warehouses so why produce 2010s when you have leftover inventory.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Interesting that they say they will not be producing a 2010 "Sporttrax"....eg: 400EX,450ER/R and the 700XX but as we all know that doesn't mean that they won't sell any, they'll just sell their current inventory of 2009 models.

Thing is, Honda have to run out of stock sometime. Do you think they have enough stock for an entire year of sales?............I say no. Thats a whole year of stock sitting in a wharehouse somewhere.

The Honda Fury (bike) was released as a 2010 model in Feb 2009. I purchased my 450R in June 2004 but it had a 2005 model sticker on it. It must have been manufacturered months before that for it to get to a Honda dealership in Australia. Honda are clearing house but I beleive it's because they have a plan.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Thing is, Honda have to run out of stock sometime. Do you think they have enough stock for an entire year of sales?............I say no. Thats a whole year of stock sitting in a wharehouse somewhere.
You also have to figure not only do they have unsold 09's, but I have heard of dealers having new 07's and 08's sitting around also. I am sure Honda looked at the total amount of quads they sold this year and what they have left and decided what was best for them.

I have not even seen a 09 700XX, all the dealers here only have the 08's on the floors. I end up going to the Honda dealer about once a month, sometimes twice a month. The last year or so the place has been a ghost town, I am usually the only one in there.

Honda has to do what they can to stay alive. It would not surprise me if all the manufacturers cancel certain 2010 models and just sell what thay have left over from previous years.

Doug

·
Registered
984 Posts
I have yet to see any XX on my dealers showroom floor.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Since the XX has come out there have been two of them at my dealer. One was the tester and the other has been in my garage for almost a year. The tester was sold probably 5 months ago and there has been none since.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The Honda dealer here only has 2007 450R's and 2008 700xx's. God knows when they're gonna get that 2010 Fury in! :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
my local dealer had 2 700xx's brought in. one red, one grey. they are both parked under my deck right now. they havent had any in since.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Dont go to my local dealer, He doesnt care if sells anything, Real Jerk!

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Same thing with the KTM ATVs, they have a lot of new 08 and 09 models in warehouses so why produce 2010s when you have leftover inventory.
Of course it makes sense for them to sell off their leftover inventory first, but I'm looking at the bigger picture. If they're not selling, that means no innovations, no updating, and who knows what will happen in 2011? If they're still not selling, will they just drop it from the line-up? :eek:hno:

·
Registered
445 Posts
If they're not selling, that means no innovations, no updating, and who knows what will happen in 2011? If they're still not selling, will they just drop it from the line-up? :eek:hno:
The other side to that arguement is that if they are not selling they need to change something........700XX with adjustable shocks/free flowing exhaust ?????......who knows. I was lead to beleive there was a HRC kit for the 700XX but haven't seen or heard of it since.

I'm sticking to my original (christal ball gazing) assesment and say they will do an early 2011 release at the start of next year.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Wow, I am surprised that more of your dealers do not have any 700XX's. There are three Honda dealers in Vegas, two are Ridenow, one is a local place. The local place had three 08 700XX's when I was there a month ago, and the saleman did say he can get 09's, but they will be more expensive, due to the increase in msrp. The Ridenow store that I bought mine at two weeks ago had two 08's sitting on the floor, I bought one, but the salesman did say he had more in the warehouse. Could get me a 09 also, but more expensive as well. The other Ridenow also had 2 08's sitting on the floor also about two months ago.

I guess Honda sent all the 700xx's out west. I am sure that any dealer can get one if it was ordered. I know from earlier experiance that dealers will trade inventory with other dealers around the country. I would alos be willing to bet that Honda probably has some sitting in a warehouse as well, just waiting to go to someone who orders one.

Doug

·
Registered
80 Posts
Honda has over 3000 2008 700XXs sitting in their warehouses still as well as 2009 models. You can go to your dealer and they can still order a brand new 2008 700XX directly from Honda. The bad news is I recently got rid of my 700 and had to take 4k for it just to unload it. I couldn't trade it in anywhere in my local three state area--no dealers would take it.

It's not just the 700, the entire sport market is in the tank and there will be no 2010 SportTrax models, and the only utilities that are being built are the Rancher lines and the Rincon. I did get a smoking deal on a 2009 Rubicon w/ power steering though.

Its the same story with a lot of the cruisers too, there are brand new never sold 2007 and 2008 VTX's left all over the country.

This economy has really hurt the market for recreational vehicles.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Kaw did the same with their KFX700... no more after 2010.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Think about it a little.. .why not slap new tires on, or something small and label as a 2010?

If they discontinue the bike, I think we have the next quadzilla on our hands. I kind of like it, besides the parts game.

·
Registered
671 Posts
If they discontinue the bike, I think we have the next quadzilla on our hands. I kind of like it, besides the parts game.
I do not think there has been any mention of it being discontinued, just not producing a 2010 model. (I hope anyway.)

Doug

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I think it makes sense to sell out of the current inventory. I agree with what they're doing.
+1, I work on the assembly line for Mercedes Benz and we are cutting back along with every manufacturer out there. No sence in making something when something we built a year ago hadnt sold to get out of the way for the new one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.