1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok,
so a few questions

1. why does my pipe get red hot even after 3 minutes of idle
2. do I really need to get it tuned up after 3 tanks of gas i.e. valve adjustment??
3. what mods will had power / best bang for the buck?

any tips or input is welcome

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
1.your pipe get red cause the xx has a lean tune from the factory.
2. just take it in after 20hr
3. big 3

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
JKR, where in NH are you from? I just moved from there, but still have friends up there. Plus there is another member here from the Manchester area.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Welcome to the Club!

add a 13 tooth front sprocket to Maniac's list.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JKR, where in NH are you from? I just moved from there, but still have friends up there. Plus there is another member here from the Manchester area.
I am in Goffstown right next to Manchester tell your friend to get ahold of me to do some riding!!

I bought a brand new double place trailer also!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome!! Let me guess? You got the cool Black/grey colored xx right? Thats why your running RED hot.. You do know there faster than the black /red right? :lol:

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
welcome and such

·
Registered
788 Posts
Welcome to the club. First mod should be the thirteen tooth sprocket. Its cheap and it makes a world of difference. I took mine in for the twenty hour valve adjustment and my exhaust side was out of whack. I could here it tapping when it was ideling so I knew, but you can do everything else yourself. Just my valves cost me 68 bucks. Now I should be set for a while.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1.your pipe get red cause the xx has a lean tune from the factory.
2. just take it in after 20hr
3. big 3

big3???

I did the 13t front sprocket yesterday and just a quick rip down the road and it seems alot better all that chugging and bogging seemed gone at low speeds:yay:

what other quick mods can I do ? do the power commanders / chips really liven them up what about intake / air filters?

and the dealer wants 275 dollars to do the inital check over and valve adjustment which seem ridiculous:disgust:

and last question are these 700's kinda lame until they are all broken in??? example will this thing wake up and start motivating?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Full exhaust, EFI, High flow Air filter=Big 3
275 is ridiculous....search for the service manual on here and download it to do it yourself, otherwise shop around should be able to get if for about a $100 or a little less(its easy to do yourself)

And yes the big three make a world of difference.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Full exhaust, EFI, High flow Air filter=Big 3
275 is ridiculous....search for the service manual on here and download it to do it yourself, otherwise shop around should be able to get if for about a $100 or a little less(its easy to do yourself)

And yes the big three make a world of difference.
what exhaust would you suggest? and what EFI, and lastly what intake:yay:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts