Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to weigh all possibilities before making my decision. I will be upgrading my bike to make around 60hp and trying figure out if I want to go into the motor or add NOS. To have someone go into my motor to make 60hp is going to cost around $2000.00. To add a 20hp shot of NOS is going to cost me $500.00. My main concern is, how safe is the NOS for my engine. I would like to get some of your opinions on what i should do.

Thanks in advance for you input.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My friend runs a pro comp normally asperated nitrous drag bike and when you look at his engine its had serious work done to it just make full advantage on the nitrous its not just as simple as bolting on a cheap nitrous kit and expecting reliable power theres alot of factors to achieving your 20 hp gain
firstly how are you going to add the extra fuel needed to the engine when using the nitrous our 700s are fuel injected not carbs and run that engine lean with nitrous and you might as well put a cutting torch to it
you will need to uprate your clutch so as not to incurr slip
also the electrical system ie the spark usually needs upgrading
lastly the down side to nitrous is its all over in a matter of seconds as that little bottle doesnt last long and as it gets less full the pressures alter which in turn also lessens the power hit you think your going to get
brilliant for drag racing on large engines but why on earth would you want it on a quad
i would look at it like this its not the 2000 your going to spend on the engine its the 500 you would save by not wasting your time going the nitrous route

take care and good luck whatever you choose

·
Registered
505 Posts
Adding the extra fuel is easily compensated for by using a wet kit, you can run a 20 shot all day long with no issues provided it is properly installed, A 2.5 lb bottle will give you about 10-12 good 300' passes, I would recommend going to an aftermarket piston...look at boss noss, very reliable and I am sure they have a kit for the XX.....Jeremy is a great guy and can answer all your questions.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
420quadracer360,
I am not interested in a NOS Kit for my TRX700XX but that link has some nice after market items for the machine. The grab bars, front bumpers and other items are really nice. Thanks for the link.
Sid

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
im thinking a nitrous kit is going to cost more than 500 properly installed but hey its your bike

one thing you need to consider is if its not properly installed and the motor detonates you could be out more than 2k to fix it

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I wouldn't go to jokers racing if I were you Sid. Look at their prices. They are more expensive on everything. My guess is they act as a middle man take your order for a higher price then just order your parts from the manufacturer. Just go straight to the source and save some $$$$

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I don't know how I missed this thread. I may just have high desert dyno retune my XX with what it has on it now and make around 62HP and have him install the boss noss kit and run a 20 shot. I just emailed Daniel at HDD and asked him what he recommends. What do you guys think? I have been lurking on the Modded Raptor forum for the last few days and a ton of them are running the Boss Noss kit and it is doing very well for them.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I saw a kfx700 at silver lake with this kit and it was bad ass! He said it is simple if you run the wet shot. My only thought is that he had a +4 or 6 swing arm I don't remember which with 26in paddles. With the XX shorter wheel base are you going to be able to keep that front end down? I'd love to see a turbo kit on that quad of yours! Now that would be bad ass!

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Yeah I was thinking about keeping the front end down too, plus I only weigh 170 in full gear lol. I think I’m going to have that problem with the 727 kit or with NOS. My thinking about the NOS kit is when I’m just out on the dunes I will be on just the motor and when I’m at the hills or sand drags I can arm the NOS and be ready for a wild ride, if I go with the 727 kit I will be fighting to keep the front down just riding around on the dunes. A turbo setup would be badass; I emailed the guys at team rocket factory to talk to them about a turbo setup for my XX.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I want to weigh all possibilities before making my decision. I will be upgrading my bike to make around 60hp and trying figure out if I want to go into the motor or add NOS. To have someone go into my motor to make 60hp is going to cost around $2000.00. To add a 20hp shot of NOS is going to cost me $500.00. My main concern is, how safe is the NOS for my engine. I would like to get some of your opinions on what i should do.

Thanks in advance for you input.
Did you go with a nitrous setup?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
you wont have room for any remote rezzi shocks thats for sure but if all you do is ride sand you wont need any

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
:thanks:I can’t wait. If anyone is looking to get work done on their XX I can’t recommend Daniel at High Desert Dyno (DL700) enough. His work, communication, and prices are all top notch. I’m not going to lie I kinda wish he was my best friend :lmao:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts