Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guess I will be getting the pipe sooner than planned. Really Sucks the Search wont work right now.. :steamed:

I replaced my Ching Ching quad with this one to avoid these types of issues, but it still happened to the 700... :eek:hno:

I broke 2 easyouts and 3 drill bits and still managed to destroy it... Oh well..

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the stock exhaust with the 3D Aluminum tip if you are looking to just replace that on the cheap, let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Everything is turning into Ching Chings nowadays. You cant have anything good anymore.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Guess I will be getting the pipe sooner than planned. Really Sucks the Search wont work right now.. :steamed:

I replaced my Ching Ching quad with this one to avoid these types of issues, but it still happened to the 700... :eek:hno:

I broke 2 easyouts and 3 drill bits and still managed to destroy it... Oh well..
Just turn the tip to where the bolt holes are in the middle of the old holes and drill and tap them. Put new bolts in and you don't need a new muffler. Wel, that is unless you "need" a new muffler.

My buddies 400ex did that and that is how he fixed it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Can you reach it from inside to silicone a nut and washer to the backside?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep I can get jb weld or epoxy nut and washer, and I may well try that, I wish I could figure a way to get it tight enough if I rotated it and used new holes. That metal is tissue thin. :steamed: plus where the welded nut tore out it ripped enough metal that it is very close to the side. so as in the picture.. I would need to Bootie fab something to plug the hole.. I really dont want to do that. I think I am talking myself into at the minumum a slip on.

Then I guess a programmer.

I called EHS and they are closed till the 20th.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
try to plug the holes (jb weld) and use blind rivets with high temp sealant. wet seal the rivets in this should help with exhaust leaks. this should help as a temp reapair to hold you over untill you get a new exhaust. if you need hardware let me know.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
just run it without what the cap.... lol

·
Registered
355 Posts
Try asking for a Florida meber to sell you their OEM. If you were near me I'd give you mine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tried that once just to see how the pipe sound and the sound was CRAP.:eek:hno: It also seem to run doggy.
Yeah it did sound like total crap.

markas214......... Thats very cool of you. I appreciate the offer... :yay:

This is basically my first real quad, so I know nothing about them. I am trying to give myself an atv101 class as fast as possible .

Im riding Sunday muffler or no muffler. Crap sound or not.

Any choice I make other than a patch job or replacement with oem will start the slide into more and more and more...$$$$$$ :nuts:

Do i need a programmer with a slip on?
Which one?

Guess search is working again now that I am at work and cant use it .. :cry:

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
If you install an aftermarket exhaust then yes you should run it with a programmer. What do you mean by running with/out a muffler.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Whew! Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
New to the site! I just bought a used TRX700xx and the previous owner removed the exhaust tip (and broke one of the bolts as seems common). I need to keep below 96db. Any ideas for a new tip? I can't afford a slip-on since the requisite ECM must go with it...He might have pulled the baffle cause its LOUD and raunchy. Does anyone have a stock muffler+tip you could part with cheap?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Did you look under "for sale" could have sworn that I saw some in there. Might have one, I'll check today.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts