Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding my ATV, and when I came to a stop it died. I tried to start it back up but it would not start. I changed my fuel filter because the old one was pretty dirty and it was the old style filter but that didn't work. I get fuel all the way to the injector but nothing out of the injector. The injector looks clean, I tested the injector with a power supply and carb cleaner and it works. I bypassed my programmer just to make sure it wasn't bad programmer and nothing. I checked for spark and I do have spark, I tried starting fluid and nothing. Could it be the ECM? is there any way to test it? I do not want to buy a new one if that is not the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Any ideas? the ATV was running great, I do not think is an engine issue. when it died I tried to start it again and it did back fired once or twice. but now it just cranks over.

I just sprayed starting fluid down the TB and nothing.. I checked for spark and I do have one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Figured out the problem, it was the spark plug. I wasn't getting any fuel out the injector because, I wasn't cranking the motor to check for fuel out of the injector. I was just turning the key on and putting the switch to the run position. I checked for spark at the wire and I had a spark but, when I finally took the spark plug out and tested it , there was not spark on the anode. verified that it was the spark plug with a multi meter.

That explains why I wasn't getting anything when I sprayed starting fluid.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts