Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Only picked up 2.5 hp peak. Really expected way more from these mods. looks like I will have to get some head work done. didn't help that DTR Racing has no dyno slicks for the xx and we ran it on my brand new kutters ratcheted down hard to keep from skipping. idk. not happy with this right now. really cant afford to put more money into the head.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
The stock head is holding you back but you will lose 3-4 HP not using slicks so don't stress too much. I'm guessing you would make 51-52HP on slicks so that's a nice build. Once you get out and ride it you will feel the difference. Congrats on the new power.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The stock head is holding you back but you will lose 3-4 HP not using slicks so don't stress too much. I'm guessing you would make 51-52HP on slicks so that's a nice build. Once you get out and ride it you will feel the difference. Congrats on the new power.
Well I figured I lost a little due to tires, but I didn't think 3 or 4 hp. Still really wanted to see it on the dyno sheet ya know? oh well, should get a ride in on her saturday. My new sand stars just got here today too!

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if your gonna dyno a bike before and after to see gains u need to go back to the same Dyno and use the same tires///
Tires will affect numbers tremendously ... go out and ride it.... they say if u are happy or not
true. same dyno, but i used my bald ass stock tires last time.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I said something similar to 08700xx but was a second after him so didn't want it to get repetitive... Lol

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
if your gonna dyno a bike before and after to see gains u need to go back to the same Dyno and use the same tires///
Tires will affect numbers tremendously ... go out and ride it.... they say if u are happy or not

+1 you can not compare dyno to dyno you need before and after on same dyno. Things with irs also can vary in hp the way you clamp them down its effected more than a straight axle. Tires are important for contact patch the weight doesnt effect it as much as you would think but surface area does. Also as Hp increase some dyno's will be a little more generous than others with dynojet some of the older software tends to show some better # usually they are fairly close at 40 hp area within 2-3 but as # increase they get furthur apart. just food for thought

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks Eric,

I'm looking at +2 / +1 valves porting, and staying with the hc3 for now, then moving to the 694 later since money is an issue, or something better if it comes along by the time I'm ready to upgrade. is this a bad plan?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Other than the multiple tear downs and trips to the dyno for tuning. Don't forget you need new springs with that bigger cam too

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Other than the multiple tear downs and trips to the dyno for tuning. Don't forget you need new springs with that bigger cam too
yeah, I know. Thats why I am waiting on the cam.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 17 of 17 Posts