Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These Kenda kutters are a mean looking tire but for woods riding they donot grip as well as I thought they would. Lots of sliding and spinning unlike the dunlops that were on there before. I hope they do better in the trails and if not there going up for sell!!!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
a bias ply tire will not hook up like a radial which the dunlop was .the best tire thats not radial in my oppinion is the razr. sorry to hear your unhappy with your kutters :(

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
What pressure are you running them at? I went up hills yesterday that 2, 4 wheel drives had trouble with. We were all spinning though, it was flooded and the mud was greasy as hell. I love the kutters, for all round riding from street, mud, rocks and woods, haven't snow rode yet.. My dunlops would never hook up enough to pull the front end up, unless on blacktop or concrete.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What pressure are you running them at? I went up hills yesterday that 2, 4 wheel drives had trouble with. We were all spinning though, it was flooded and the mud was greasy as hell. I love the kutters, for all round riding from street, mud, rocks and woods, haven't snow rode yet.. My dunlops would never hook up enough to pull the front end up, unless on blacktop or concrete.
I agree and they are good in the snow as well. Ice is the only flaw but no surprise there.:nuts: If the hill is dry I out climb every 4x4 I've rode with.

·
Registered
821 Posts
You are the only person I have heard this from. My kuttters @ 4lbs do great.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im running 5psi in mine and they just spin way too much for my taste.
That 12 tooth on the front does not help im sure.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
821 Posts
What's your soil like. Where I ride its not rocky. Loose leaves, loose dirt in the woods. These tires do a lot better in that than the stock junkers. I justed checked my pressures, 4.5 in front, 3.2 in rears. I like the stock front sprocket.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's your soil like. Where I ride its not rocky. Loose leaves, loose dirt in the woods. These tires do a lot better in that than the stock junkers. I justed checked my pressures, 4.5 in front, 3.2 in rears. I like the stock front sprocket.
Well here in Tn we have the loose leaves and dirt the same, some rocks but not to many. The Dunlop for me hooked up and went like mad, the Kutters seem to spin and do what there called, they cut threw the dirt and dont hook up like my other tires did. I also noticed when sliding down a steep hill my bike wants to fish with me more so than before. Reminds me of my motorcycle days!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I will trade you my old stock tires for your kutters

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I like my razr2's A LOT. I run them at 2.5lbs but I think i'm going to bump them up to 3.5. I ride a lot of rocks though.

I liked the stock dunlops. They gripped pretty good at 5lbs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I will trade you my old stock tires for your kutters
How much use on them?
My Kutters are one ride old, still has the tits on the tires.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Which way do you have them mounted? If you flip them (opposite of the picture they will grip the soft stuff a lot more.) Also if that failes you could try grooving them which will get you more traction especially on hard packed surfaces.

pic of grooved razrs

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
How much use on them?
My Kutters are one ride old, still has the tits on the tires.
Stock tires are wore out, I was just being sarcastic! I am sure you can re coop most of your money for the Kutters if you post them on here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I lowered the psi to 4 and it's much better. I thought about turning the tire around to see how they would do.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stock tires are wore out, I was just being sarcastic! I am sure you can re coop most of your money for the Kutters if you post them on here.

I never was too bright:lol:

·
Registered
821 Posts
You based your experience on one ride. They are stiffer and require less air to flex good. The kutters are a great tire once you figure out tire pressure and suspension settings.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You based your experience on one ride. They are stiffer and require less air to flex good. The kutters are a great tire once you figure out tire pressure and suspension settings.
Well yes and no, I have run mine 4 times and my friends 20 or so times.

·
Registered
64 Posts
tyres

i spilt my rear in 3 hours of riding,on a rock.I mean my rear tyre!!
i have only put kutters on rear so far, but now fronts are so bad i am gonna trash the front stock tyres and fit Klaws, i think.
mervex

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just ordered some 23" klaws for the front and looking forward to trying them out. I will pass along some info on the klaws the next time I get out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts