Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever have one of those days? I finally get the EHS programmer/lid and the K&N filter installed and now I can't get the stupid seat back on!

I have tried 20 times but it won't go. I've had this trouble before but have always managed to get it on - till today!!!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Admin will love you for this

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Ever have one of those days? I finally get the EHS programmer/lid and the K&N filter installed and now I can't get the stupid seat back on!

I have tried 20 times but it won't go. I've had this trouble before but have always managed to get it on - till today!!!
Where did you fit the programmer ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mounted the programmer under the seat on the vertical sidewall, same place many others have mounted.

Oh - and I finally got the seat back on at attempt 25. I did several searches in these forums to find comments or tricks about seat installation but I couldn't find any.

Boy the thing runs great. I didn't install a pipe so I guess I'm at 2/3 of the big 3. I really don't want a loud pipe at this point, maybe later. EHS programmer was super easy to install and change settings.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
hipowernut,
I wish I could find out who designed the seat attachment points. It had to be the same guy/gal that put the screw in the air clean hold-down bracket with Loctite. I have decided that barely starting the left side of the seat into the slot and pivoting it to the right side works about 20 to 30% of the time. The rest of the time I spew out colorful language. :cry: That works more often then not. When the machine is hot it is totally different then when it is cold. When cold it takes less effort. Gotta love that cheap plastic. Sorry, if I sound upset but there just some things about that machine that are really odd.
Sid

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have never had a problem with my seat either.

·
Registered
194 Posts

ive had a few different makes of quad and although i like the xx it must have the hardest seat in the world to go on...though it was just me...:)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I take the rear of the and press it slightly above my D*** and use both arms to press in on the very front points of the seat and do a slight "hump" motion then pull the latch and press down lol... its a way to make love and put the seat back on this babe! LMFAO :lmao: :hey:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Have you guys ever tried fitting the seats onto the Honda Utilities? My Rinconand and my dads Rancher are ridiculous.

·
Registered
755 Posts
hipowernut,
I wish I could find out who designed the seat attachment points. It had to be the same guy/gal that put the screw in the air clean hold-down bracket with Loctite. I have decided that barely starting the left side of the seat into the slot and pivoting it to the right side works about 20 to 30% of the time. The rest of the time I spew out colorful language. :cry: That works more often then not. When the machine is hot it is totally different then when it is cold. When cold it takes less effort. Gotta love that cheap plastic. Sorry, if I sound upset but there just some things about that machine that are really odd.
Sid
What I do is put the seat on top, slide it a bit forward, squeeze the front knee area together, then push it the rest of the way. I'd say 50% of the time it works perfectly and the the other 50% either the right or left knee area did not go flush.

And yea whats with that screw in the air box!? The first time I went to clean the air filter I didn't because I couldn't get the screw out. Then a couple weeks later had to clean it and finally got it out lol.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I find the seat to be a bit awkward also

·
Registered
821 Posts
I stand on side of machine, one hand on front one one rear, plce front down. Apply pressure with front hnd while a little wiggle of the back with the other and click,its on.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I find the seat to be a bit awkward also
awkward or pp design? If you had a 3rd hand it would go on really easy but still a cheap part of the quad, like the petcock lever, imo.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
To All,
This has been a fun thread. I had to laugh at the ways you all have figured out how to get the seat on. It would have been even better if some videos were made of these gyrations. I like the idea of a third set of hands. Unfortunately, I am lacking.
Thanks, this has been fun. :lol::lol::lol:
Sid

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
awkward or pp design? If you had a 3rd hand it would go on really easy but still a cheap part of the quad, like the petcock lever, imo.
Not sure, it's just created quite a few WTF moments

·
Registered
20 Posts
atleast we can change a plug without having to pull the tank off, I've had a ltr 450 and a yfz450 what a pita to do a plug change on them

·
Registered
239 Posts
Have you tried pulling out the plug with out taking off the tank.... not as easy as it seems... however it is better than others

1 - 19 of 19 Posts