Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5 weeks from today, me and my buddy will be hauling our 700XX's to Ocala to meet up with some friends to ride these trails. Never been there before but they say they are good (except they are 2-way, so caution at corners - ugh).

I have done many things to my ride in anticipation of this trip. The last time I rode with these friends was on my 03 Rincon at Durhamtown, GA back in the spring.

Now I've got a hot 700XX. I just did my first oil change to Rotella T6 synthetic and she's ready to roll. It was a bit tricky with my skids but a modified paper funnel really kept it clean. Only mess was when the filter came out, but a quick spray down with hot water after it was all done worked perfect.

At only 2/3 of the EHS big 3 I'm tempted to get the Barkers but I really can't ride around my home with a loud pipe, the neighbors would object and most of the 40 acres where I live is not my property.

Oh well, the 700XX is already more than my skill set so I'll just keep it quiet - for now.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sounds like a fun trip! I would doubt you need or could even use more power from a new exhaust, the youtube videos looked like fairly normal trail riding. Not sure what the areas like though, could be fast enough paced

Also anyone else always click on these threads and end up googling the area to see how long of a drive it is? Ocala is 49 hours one way from me, so I probably won't be able to make it :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ocala - again

Well here we go again. On the 18th there will be seven of us going back to the Ocala Nat'l Forest trails to ride on Thursday and Friday. This time I have my new Barkers exhaust installed - braaaaapp!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts