Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK! Here are some pictures of the installed fenders. Brackets were made by OCC and the fenders were purchase thru etrailer. Tested the fenders today thru snow and water and they pass the test, did not get wet...from the front wheels, just the back wheels threw some water/snow on me. The fenders itself due to being palstic they wobble a little bit but that's ok as long as they do their job. Now this is installed on 23" tires with 3" between the tire and bottom of the fender. For the boys and gals that have nerf bars, you might have to extend those brackets to avoid contact with the nerf bars. Once I see DaGirl again, I'll check the measurements.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah! That's what I thought too but like you stated; once my other plastic and graphics are installed then it will look better. As for the mud, at least my goggles will stay clean longer but I will still get muddy due to my rear tires but that's ok.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Hey Nash,

Do you think these would become available to general public? i'd love to have a set, I just hate the front stock fenders for not protecting the rider against the mud. You just go near a puddle and it's all over you !!!

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'd end up ripping them off in my first ride, I'm not very gentle to my XX.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Nash,

Do you think these would become available to general public? i'd love to have a set, I just hate the front stock fenders for not protecting the rider against the mud. You just go near a puddle and it's all over you !!!

Joe
For the ones that would like a set; once OCC has a bike they would create a template then yes it would be available to the public. At this moment we are waiting for a bike to arrive wich hopefully it will be soon. When they design mine, they did not create a template and this is why they need another bike. I might have a member from nearby OCC that would drop off his bike.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Smooth

You are basically always negative so there's nothing new about your statement. The fenders are easy to replace if they brake and as far as the brackets, basically you would need to damage the rest of the bike to damage them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Joe that was a great idea. It looks cool and it`s functional as hell. Can you take a picture of the side view. Are you gonna trim the bottom of the fenders where the bolt holes are? And you may want to turn the bolts around so the bolt head is on the tire side in case something bends the bracket a little you wont rub the tire with the bolt.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nash, take no offense, but I dont care for em. and I agree with Smooth, anything on that rim that sticks over the side wall will get toasted the next time you take a corner too wide and say opps. But the negitive out of the way... Great job on getting them made, I am sure alot of members here will buy some. Kudos on the investment!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Smooth

You are basically always negative so there's nothing new about your statement. The fenders are easy to replace if they brake and as far as the brackets, basically you would need to damage the rest of the bike to damage them.
I've said nothing negative about your fenders, I myself would end up ripping them off in the woods. No reading into it, no off feelings towards you. They simply wouldn't work for me. Congrats on your mod.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I like the idea a lot. I think I would get a set for when I don't race, but I can see when I am racing that these wouldn't last. I think for a person that is just trail riding, these would be a great idea.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys

Let me test them once the weather gets better here before buying some so I can tell you how they went, I too ride pretty rough in the trails and if they pass the test then I would give you the thumbs up but let me try them out first so if there's anything that needs to be change or upgraded then they can. I would hate to see some of you buy them and they don't last. We have some nasty trails in our area so it will be a good test but the only time that I remember hitting branches or obstacles is when I was off the trails, basically making my own trail.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Joe that was a great idea. It looks cool and it`s functional as hell. Can you take a picture of the side view. Are you gonna trim the bottom of the fenders where the bolt holes are? And you may want to turn the bolts around so the bolt head is on the tire side in case something bends the bracket a little you wont rub the tire with the bolt.
Al, thought about trimming the bottom off like I did with the top side but after riding them yesterday in the snow and puddles, the bottom portion help allot towards reducing getting wet, my boots stayed dry the whole time. I'll be designing a support bracket that stop the wobble of the fender since it's plastic and will rotate the bolts, thought the same thing but just did not do it...yet! Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the idea a lot. I think I would get a set for when I don't race, but I can see when I am racing that these wouldn't last. I think for a person that is just trail riding, these would be a great idea.
Yeah! I don't think they could last in a race and they could cause more damage during the race since it's hard to stop and fix the issue where on the trails, you can stop and fix the issue. At least on the trail, it's rare that you make contact with another rider where while you are racing, you never know when and if someone will bump you.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Besides being a trailblazer, the only other way I personally see myself screwing these up in the trails is when we get chased by the cops (stupid snowmobile bars) haha.

·
Registered
528 Posts
i like the concept, but if i wanted to stay clean i would buy a utv with a canopy :D

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lmao!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I dont mind getting dirty at all. I just hate the clean up, as do the laundromats (Dont want to mess my own washer up w/ muddy clothes now do I).

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just hate getting to clean my goggles every 5 minutes, gets to be a PIA.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Maybe we could get OCC to make something for goggles. LIke a little windshield wash with wipers, LMAO.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts