130 mm are fine.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
im running 120mm

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I've never used any aftermarket grips because I never had any trouble with the stock ones. Is there a huge difference in comfort?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Smooth, try the Odis, I swear you will never use anything else. They are much softer and a bit larger in diameter so they fit bigger hands better.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I've never used any aftermarket grips because I never had any trouble with the stock ones. Is there a huge difference in comfort?
I have used an assortment of grips, and they are all different. It depends on preference, but I prefer smoother grips that are a bit softer. The stock grips for some reason always tend to grip into my hands excellent, but leave callases (which I dont mind, I grew up on a farm throwing hay and stuff, but when they are the liquid kind and pop, it sucks huge especially when getting muddy and stuff). I am using these on the xx http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...lebars-Control&webCatId=12&prodFamilyId=17906. They are pretty comfy and soft. The stock ones always have the squares in them, which is what causes my problems. It is something I can tolerate, but comfort for a few bucks to me is worth it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i just got my odis in at 120mm, i have pro taper contour bars and the left grip wouldnt go on the bar is knurled and it didnt fit i got them on but i had to rig it... however throttle side went on easily.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
i just got my odis in at 120mm, i have pro taper contour bars and the left grip wouldnt go on the bar is knurled and it didnt fit i got them on but i had to rig it... however throttle side went on easily.
If the grip is still off, clean up the bar really really good, and soak the grip in hot water (try not to put it on the inside of it), that way it will expand, and then try to slide that baby one. IDK what people use, I use both grip wire and glue.

·
Registered
118 Posts
its already on but its not pretty. i guess next time around ill have to soak them thanks for the tips

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nope, dont soak it, just use some fine sanding paper and sand the knurled side just a little bit and it will go on easily.

·
Registered
118 Posts
sand the bars or the grip?

·
Registered
734 Posts
The bars, just a little will do.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I just soak mine in hot water, w/ out getting water inside of the grip, and it goes on and shrinks right onto it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The lockons too? They have solid plastic all around the inside.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
never tried the lockons I guess. I am talking about just regular rubber grips. I never used ODI's, so I guess that may be differet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts