Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know the chances are slim...but I know a few of you work on the rigs down south...hope you're all ok...

·
Registered
984 Posts
I've been wondering that one myself Devil Dog! I hope our friends are all safe.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I'm sorry for the lost of personnel and for their families, pretty sad especially since this is the first incident that has happened in a very long time. Kind of funny that it happened 3 to 4 weeks right after Obama approved off shore drilling....makes you wonder if there's a conspiracy in this....

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
im curious nash how do you really feel about the president? lol

·
Registered
446 Posts
you know when you F*&K up so bad it can be seen from space... you F'ed up BAD! My condolences go out to the familes of the drill workers though, i'm sure they did everything they could. SO i don't know if you guys read about this but Russia has had 5 of these disasters and they fixed 4/5 of them with small nukes lol, sounds like a good way to retire some of the weapons we are getting rid of anyways.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's nice to see people and friends with something nice to say:yay:

The job we do is not a easy one everyday we risk our lives to bring these resources out of the ground 24/7, I was on a yahoo msg board, and some of the stuff I was reading just made me want to ***** Slap someone to hear all the conspiracies about how this was just a stunt to raise gas prices! The only thing we need to worry with now is containing the blow out, and pray for the family and friends of the 11 Roughnecks we lost!

My thoughts and prayers are with those lost on the Deep Water Horizon!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
It's nice to see people and friends with something nice to say:yay:

The job we do is not a easy one everyday we risk our lives to bring these resources out of the ground 24/7, I was on a yahoo msg board, and some of the stuff I was reading just made me want to ***** Slap someone to hear all the conspiracies about how this was just a stunt to raise gas prices! The only thing we need to worry with now is containing the blow out, and pray for the family and friends of the 11 Roughnecks we lost!

My thoughts and prayers are with those lost on the Deep Water Horizon!
My thoughts exactly, If fuck1ing pisses me off to see the stupid shit posted on this subject trying to turn it into a political matter. I work the oilfield and feel insulted everyday reading the shit the media post not knowing a dam thing there talking about. Eleven men lost there lives trying to contain the blowout and save the the other 115 men onboard, There true heroes because they knew there fate staying up there to fight the blowout. No one wants to talk about that because it can't be twisted and turned into conspiracy or bad news.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
huge methane gas bubble ha-ha ha-ha, did you basically just say that mother nature gave us a dutch oven?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
A blowout, Is a gas bubble. No matter what type of gas are the size. That is a blowout by definition. The media is just playing a word game to sound like they know something different than what they reported the day before. Scuzz, I'm not venting at you :)

Another issue while we are on this. Anyone notice the attention Mine deaths get? People die all around the world almost everyday in mines, The get tributes and speaches to honor the dead by the president and people worldwide. Mining is also one of the most pollutant industries there is to the ground, water and air. To tie this in to drilling it is an operation to support energy. Drilling has one of the most toughest safety programs dam near next to nuclear operations. Drilling is one of the cleanest (dirty) energy operations. Why is it when there is one major accident it is treated like an unwanted child? There's been no honor to the dead and this has been turned into one of the largest political debates of the year.... What gives?

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I do not work on the Oil Rigs, but however do work in an industry that works hand in hand with them. My condolences go out to the workers and families and praise to the workers who are helping to contain this huge mess. Lets not forget about the people still working in these industries and helping to clean up the huge mess. Take politics out of the situation and just stop the fucking leaking, lots of people depend on this happening. Just my little rant, no offense to anyone here.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Blowouts are from higher hydrostatic pressure in the hole than above it. Oil, gas, drilling fluids all cause it. I watched the worst well fire in Tennessee history and the culprit was oil pressure, with no gas at all, combined with a BOP that was too small for the job. The biggest problem is that BOPs come in different sizes. If you encounter much, much greater pressures than you anticipated, then have too small a BOP, you're screwed with current technology. BOPs will fail no matter what because you can never know what is in the hole. Thus, is some rare cases, like the one I saw in TN where the well produced over 2,000 BBL per day with no pump, you cannot possibly dream of a big enough BOP to contain it. That well caught on fire and drained straight into a National Recreation Area river, on fire. It was ugly.

The "fix" is going to require major overhauls in laws and technology. The technology has to come first.

·
Registered
228 Posts
My dad worked on rigs most of his life.

I was always thankful he made it home, but to me he was Superman.
My first vivid memory of doing something with my dad that I thought was guy stuff, was sleeping all night in the dog house next to a well being drilled. I was 3 or 4 years old. Those guys are like family with each other because they spend so much time together away from their families. They're tough SOBs and can figure out how to do anything with a few simple tools. They were also the only oilfield guys that my dad ever left me with knowing that they'd take good care of me. I have fond memories of them and their lessons. I have an attitude that I'll figure anything out, no matter what, that I learned from them.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
My first vivid memory of doing something with my dad that I thought was guy stuff, was sleeping all night in the dog house next to a well being drilled.

My dad used to bring me to work and I would do the same thing. They even called it the dog house. :)

The only difference was that this was in the inland marsh near the gulf. I remember it too like it was yesterday.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Blowouts are from higher hydrostatic pressure in the hole than above it. Oil, gas, drilling fluids all cause it. I watched the worst well fire in Tennessee history and the culprit was oil pressure, with no gas at all,
Your trying to hard with this and not making a bit of sense. Your entire post is utter BS contributing to the large amount of ignorant and false statements confusing people. There is no oil pressure without gas, NONE.

combined with a BOP that was too small for the job. The biggest problem is that BOPs come in different sizes.
The biggest problem is not BOP's coming in different sizes, There are only a limited number of sizes with even less options for there pressure rating, Please enlighten me where you are getting your information. BOP's are not on shelf or mass produced items, There multimillion dollar pieces of equipment that are selected by engineers for each time it is used.

If you encounter much, much greater pressures than you anticipated, then have too small a BOP, you're screwed with current technology.
Again your posting information that is complete BS, BOP's are rated for more pressure ever possible of anticipation. Current technology... You have no idea.

BOPs will fail no matter what because you can never know what is in the hole. Thus, is some rare cases, like the one I saw in TN where the well produced over 2,000 BBL per day with no pump, you cannot possibly dream of a big enough BOP to contain it. That well caught on fire and drained straight into a National Recreation Area river, on fire. It was ugly.
This here proves you have no clue to what you are posting. The BOP is not containment equipment.

The "fix" is going to require major overhauls in laws and technology. The technology has to come first.
Please enlighten us with your age. It would help me deal with the retarded crap you post everyday. If your young then that would explain the lack of knowledge, If your old it could only be dementia.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Please enlighten us with your age. It would help me deal with the retarded crap you post everyday. If your young then that would explain the lack of knowledge, If your old it could only be dementia.
I am an engineer and I've been in the oil and gas business my entire life. Everything you just posted is in fact wrong and obviously straight out of Google. Every single statement. You are a young, arrogant, and ignorant man.

Oil pressure is not created by gas pressure unless you have seriously disturbed the formation with fractionation. Oil is obviously in the bottom of the formation, not above the gas. It's fine with me that you do not have the common sense to see this, but belligerently, condescendingly addressing me if I'm as ignorant as you is very offensive. Even a child can picture a container partially filled with a gas that is lighter than oil. If you puncture the formation at a low end, the pressure is strictly hydrostatic pressure due to the pressure of the gas ABOVE the oil in a higher area of the formation, or contrary to your logic, the sheer pressure of having millions of barrels of oil above the location of your well.

Regarding BOPs, you have no idea what you are talking about. Period. I've been buying and using them longer than you've been alive. You are blindly speaking of custom-made off-shore BOPs, which I seriously doubt even with your spectacular wikipedia skills that you understand even those.

You, young man, are blinded by your hostility and your arrogant need to assert yourself due to your obvious feelings of inadequacy. Someone clearly didn't give you the attention that you feel you deserved at some point. You should either get off the drugs you're on or spend more time looking in the mirror asking yourself who the hell you think you are. I will no longer degrade myself by engaging you. To everyone else, I will spare you from having to endure these tantrums.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Smooth1

You sure know how to make people mad!! If I'm not wrong, this is not the first time that you've done so. Guess that we need to find ourselves an engineer to let us know the facts before we get too mean, this is suppose to be a light conversation and not a demeaning one. Everybody is allowed to their own opinion without being trash.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts