Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find anywhere on the forum where there is a discusion of trailers and hauling topics. I recently bought TRX700XX, it's my first quad. Have been riding snowmobiles for years. Has anybody loaded non-4WD quads on ATV/sled decks? The ramps are steep, and not enogh room to stop if you approach to fast.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im not really sure what you mean by a 'sled deck'. But if your having trouble loading the 700 up a steep ramp you should probably feather the clutch. If you just barely release the clutch you should creep up the ramp with no problem...hope this helps

·
Registered
788 Posts
What is the size of the deck? I have a pickup that stands about three and a half feet off the ground and I have six foot ramps and it works just fine with a six and a half foot bed. Just have to get a set and drive it up. Dont come up too fast with muddy tires and a slick bed liner or else you will put a xx v shaped dent in the top of the bed rail. Whoops.:hey::hey::hey::hey::hey:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I usually just have another person help me. Lift the front up then rear. 1 person on each tire

·
Registered
112 Posts
A sled deck is basically a 8' x 8' two place snomobile trailer that mounts on top of the pickup bed, my brother has one, I have not tried to load my xx up there, and I dont want to try. It sucks loading a snowmobile up there, and you have 5 feet of rubber track on the ramp then, so a quad would be a little sketchy.
Jason

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a tilt 5x8 tilt trailer and load it just fine. Worst thing to happen is not have enough speed then you don't get far enough forward to make it tilt down and you just slide back off. You'll definatly get it right with the second attempt. Once you load it a few times it is a cake walk. Just try it, what is the worst that could happen :hey:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jason, you are correct about the sled deck and it being mounted on the top of the pickup bed so it sits flat and level with the back window of the truck. I have utilized them for snowmobiles, and have seen them utilized for utility 4WD quads. Some of them have two piece ramps as long as 11 feet but they are still steep, particularily on a tall truck. I was considering trying one for my new quad, but had fears about launching myself through the back window of the truck. I was just curious if anybody out there had any actual experience with them. A good web site that shows these decks being loaded and unloaded is www.marathondecks.com . Based on what I've heard so far I will stick with my trailer.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Interesting way to haul quads...The video on there on loading & unloading seems pretty simple..but doing yourself may be a whole different experience..especially with the 500# XX.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts